1973 Convertible purchased at Barret Jackson

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is an example of where the spooler doesn't look right on a convertible. I like a spoiler, mostly depending on the color, but that one just looks kind of aout of place.

IMHO the pictures are too dark for trying to sell a car at that price. Looks like it needs a new instrument panel lens, that one is very fogged up.

Why is the dash cluster lens so foggy ? Surely they could have paid attention to some of the finer details for that price.

I sense someone over paid at auction and is now experiencing buyers remorse and trying to recoup their money.

Officer: "Son do you know how fast you were going"

Driver: "No sir, honestly I have no idea, I can't see my speedometer"

:)

Guys,

Am I missing something, the BJ tag reads "jade green" with black stripes ? Looks silver to me ....
Definitely not green!

For sure he got taken on this one. If he goes back to BJ he better hope there is another two suckers bidding. Not original, not restored and not enough change to be a nice resto mod. Did not all 73 verts have comfort weave seats? Just a driver not a show car and if it did come from N.C. it has rust I know I live there. I agree color is strange.

For sure not a Professional restore.

I have gone to the past 5 BJ auctions in Phoenix (just booked my flight for the Jan/17 auction). I review every 71/3 that goes up for sale there (don't remember this particular car...). My point is that I have seen some extremely nice original, restored and sometimes modded cars.

This car really is not a good BJ auction car, must have been an early day sale... As you know, the auction will write stuff on those info cards designed to help sell the car, but not accurate Ford facts, that's for the buyer to know in advance...

As with any purchase, it comes down to knowing your vehicle's before purchasing. This would not be one I would put $$$ down for at an auction at this price...

Anytime someone actually writes, "No tire-kickers and don't try to low-ball the price," in their ad is an immediate turn-off to me. Then, to misrepresent the car to boost the price and take crappy pictures. That's "1... 2... 3 strikes, you're out" in my book.

Too bad, because it looks like a decent-enough car - for about $12-14K. :whistling:

For sure he got taken on this one. If he goes back to BJ he better hope there is another two suckers bidding. Not original, not restored and not enough change to be a nice resto mod. Did not all 73 verts have comfort weave seats? Just a driver not a show car and if it did come from N.C. it has rust I know I live there. I agree color is strange.

For sure not a Professional restore.
Your right, seats should be comfort weave.

Back