Hello from Michigan!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Base 6 cylinder, and 72 Base 351C
Hi all!

I am jumping into the 71-73 Mustang world!

I have a nice stock Pinto now, and have had a few 74-78 Mustang II's and Fox body Mustangs in the past.

I just bought a couple of Mustangs.... First, is a 71 base or coupe, with a 6 cylinder automatic. The body is in really good condition, almost ready for paint. It runs and drives, but I probably won't be doing much with it till this winter or spring.

I also bought a 72 base or coupe, that has a 351C. I got it from the same place, an impound lot in Oakland CA thru Ebay. I bought this one for parts, thinking I would switch the motor, rear end, ect into the other car, but when it came today the underneath is really solid! The fenders and front bumper are banged up, but it looks like the car is savable too. It has a Lambo door kit on it, that is missing some parts so the doors don't stay up... lol... Gotta change that back to stock!! I am going to let it sit for now till I get the other painted and driving, then decide what to do. I don't need 2 Mustangs, but almost hate to part the 72!

When I get ready to do the 71, one of the first things I want to do is get a Mach 1 grill for it, LOVE the looks of those! I wish these were fastbacks, but then again, if they were, I wouldn't have gotten them for the price I paid...

I will try and get some pics soon, I just had the cars delivered today!

Anyway, this looks like a very good site for info on these, and I look forward to lots of reading here! Thanks, Earl

Howdy from Phoenix. Okay, you have to post a picture of the 72 with the doors open. I gotta see that!

You will find this is a great place for help and encouragement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from Mississippi. Sounds like you've made a good jump (Cause you landed here)! We like all Mustangs, all body styles even though we don't get a lot of love from the 65-70 group! Glad you found us and congratulations on your 71 and 72 purchase. We have very knowledgeable and friendly folks here willing to help in any way possible. So if you have any questions or need any info, don't hesitate to ask. Welcome aboard.

Just testing to see if I did the pic correctly. I will get more pics soon, this is one my buddy took with his phone and sent to me last night. I'm not a fan of these doors, but at least it looks like it is all bolt on, not welded, so I should be able to switch it back to normal. Sure looks different, though!

IMG_20160913_1233559121.jpg

Back