• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

York Compressor et al

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I got to tearing down a few Mustangs over the past weekend and I'm going to start with the York AC Compressor set-ups...

I have two complete identical Compressor set-ups. 71 72 73 Mustang Original AC York Compressor Set-Up. York Compressor with "Compressor Mounting Bracket" (90° bracket directly underneath compressor) are both included. Idler pulley/adjustable mount bolts to a brace called the "Compressor Support Brace" (both included) This brace has a slot for adjustment of the idler pulley. The bottom triangular looking bracket is included. Clutch pulley and coil still mounted on compressor.

READ THIS:

THE POWER STEERING PUMP AND IT'S SLOTTED BRACKET ARE NOT INCLUDED but may still be available. mounted on compressor. If you're interested, private message me with an offer to buy one of the complete set-ups.

York 1.jpg

York 2.jpg

York 3.jpg

pump 1 6 comp bracket 1.jpg

pump 1 5 triangular bracket.jpg

pump 1 1 a.jpg

pump 1 4 idler.jpg

pump 1 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
... I was looking for some of this a while back, did not get much of a response back in return. I have since gone out and bought all new Classic Air replacement parts, the only concern will be my original compressor. Not sure yet how I will handle that. Good luck with your sale.

I also have a Classic Auto Air system, but I don't care for their solution to the belt routing... so, I'm looking for an idler/bracket myself.

If you get to the point of 'breaking up the band' and selling pieces individually, I'd be interested in the idler and its bracket.

So I got to tearing down a few Mustangs over the past weekend and I'm going to start with the York AC Compressor set-ups...

I have two complete identical Compressor set-ups. Compressor with mounting bracket. Clutch pulley and coil still mounted on compressor. Idler pulley and bracket. If you're interested, private message me with an offer to buy one of the complete set-ups. If I get no serious offers, I will break them down and sell the individual parts separately on Ebay. I know I can make more money that way but I'm offering it up to you guys first.
I'm looking for the hoses from compressor if you take them apart price? to 44030 zip

I have two complete identical Compressor set-ups. Compressor with mounting bracket. Clutch pulley and coil still mounted on compressor. Idler pulley and bracket. If you're interested, private message me with an offer to buy one of the complete set-ups. If I get no serious offers, I will break them down and sell the individual parts separately on Ebay. I know I can make more money that way but I'm offering it up to you guys first.
I'm looking for the hoses from compressor if you take them apart price? to 44030 zip
Sorry but we cut all the hoses to do the removal as quickly as possible. I figured the drier, the condenser coil and the hoses would be replaced by anyone doing a restoration. I wouldn't be use old hoses.

... I was looking for some of this a while back, did not get much of a response back in return. I have since gone out and bought all new Classic Air replacement parts, the only concern will be my original compressor. Not sure yet how I will handle that. Good luck with your sale.
Years ago I had my original compressor rebuilt by Classic Air in an attempt to keep everything as original as possible. It worked for just over one year before developing a refrigerant leak. Bought a new one and changed the tag since they were identical in appearance. The cost of a new one was about double the rebuild cost, but it has lasted for well over 13 years. My original is still sitting on a shelf in the garage.

Years ago I had my original compressor rebuilt by Classic Air in an attempt to keep everything as original as possible. It worked for just over one year before developing a refrigerant leak. Bought a new one and changed the tag since they were identical in appearance. The cost of a new one was about double the rebuild cost, but it has lasted for well over 13 years. My original is still sitting on a shelf in the garage.
Bill. Do you have a source where you bought a new York? Might be the way I go as well instead of a rebuilt. Thanks.

Bill. Do you have a source where you bought a new York? Might be the way I go as well instead of a rebuilt. Thanks.
Hi Ken: At the time I purchased it thru Mac's since they were just up the road and I could save on shipping. Unfortunately, the local location in Lockport is closing down, but I understand they still allow pickup if you place an order. But I just checked in their website and see they offer free shipping for orders over $99. Brand new York compressor is $300, Reman compressor is $226.

I can take delivery and meet up with you if that helps... send PM if you want to work out details. Bill

I also have a Classic Auto Air system, but I don't care for their solution to the belt routing... so, I'm looking for an idler/bracket myself.

If you get to the point of 'breaking up the band' and selling pieces individually, I'd be interested in the idler and its bracket.
I believe I have an idler bracket if your interested. I'll take a look tomorrow night when I get home. Thanks

I believe I have an idler bracket if your interested. I'll take a look tomorrow night when I get home. Thanks
Why don't you take the time to write your own ad?

I already replied to Mister4x4 (Eric). You can jump in anywhere you want (hijack a thread) and Eric can buy from whoever he wants but it's rude to disregard others that way. You should have stated something to the effect..."hey, if EBSTANG can't get you the bracket you need, I may have an idler bracket for you, let me know." This is how most people in this forum show respect to others.(I've seen it done correctly, on the 7173, many times) It's proper "forum" courtesy/etiquette. One could only assume you are oblivious to your infraction and may have possibly been just trying to help, just didn't go about it the right way.

Just sayin, not that big of a deal but ignorance can cause people to possibly misinterpret you and/or intentions...carry on...

I saw you didn't want to break them down unless the whole setup did not sell so i offered a single part. it was meant to be a PM but i hit the wrong button. we are all here for the same reason to help others restore their cars. Dont see the harm in offering someone a lead.

I saw you didn't want to break them down unless the whole setup did not sell so i offered a single part. it was meant to be a PM but i hit the wrong button. we are all here for the same reason to help others restore their cars. Dont see the harm in offering someone a lead.
You missed the point I was making...whatever, I'm over it. Moving on

I'm still interested in the bracket and idler assembly.

Guys, I noticed the tense moment above - and I'm not playing favorites - but I originally told EBSTANG I'd be interested in his if the time came to separately sell the individual items... mostly because I'm not in a huge hurry or anything.

I'm also not looking for a bidding war, either - I have a source for a 'new' set-up, if necessary.

Eric - shoot me a PM with your price and shipping to 76904 when you're ready.

Back