dim lights and slowflasher

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 mach 1, 73 fastback, 07 f150, , 09 HD ultra classic
This may have been posted before but I thought I would ask and maybe someone could point toward a thread. I have an old powermaster one wire alternator with very low hours on it. Apparently it has to be around 2500 rpm's before it kicks in. I have read that the new ones do charge at idle. So I guess my question would be should I get a new one wire or go with an original type alternator. I think my original was 60 amp and that didn't seem to be enough amps. The only extra thing I have is a small amplifier for my stereo. I did just read about cleaning all connection so when I get a chance I'll be doing that. Thank Mark

You might consider a Ford G3 alternator, they are plentiful at Pic n Pull. There have threads about them, just type "G3 alternator into the search box at the upper right of this page.

The cars hasn't been driven in 7 years. Blew the cobs out last weekend. I just cleaned all the connections plus dielectric grease and you were right. Big improvement. Thank for the replies. Mark

Back