Backwards spoiler

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible

08 Bullet
OK so I tried to flip my backwards spoiler around.

What am I missing in how to take it off the posts?

My spoiler is one of the aftermarket ones......and looks like all you have to do is undo the two bolts that hold it onto the posts and lift. Well I tried that and its on there tight......is there another screw somewhere or do I have to undo the posts and change them around also?

There may be an adhesive gasket holding it on as well. Should only have the two bolts on each pillar holding them... Once nuts are clear, may try to GENTLY tap on them and see if you can get some spacing between pillar and trunk top. If you must pry, make sure to pad painted surfaces well and do so carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

My spoiler is one of the aftermarket ones......and looks like all you have to do is undo the two bolts that hold it onto the posts and lift. Well I tried that and its on there tight......is there another screw somewhere or do I have to undo the posts and change them around also?
To take spoiler off the post My factory spoiler had 6 screws on each post attaching it to spoiler as well as the aftermarket one i purchased

To take spoiler off the post My factory spoiler had 6 screws on each post attaching it to spoiler as well as the aftermarket one i purchased
Robert is correct on the wing brackets. There are three screws per plate, and one plate on each side that holds wing to pillar. One would think it would be MUCH easier to pull the whole wing assemby off, verify wing and pillar direction, and then remount.

Back