15X10 wide magnum 500's

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Frameman

Reaction score
My Car
We own a Grabber Blue completely stock and 100 percent rstored 1973 Mach 1 Q-Code CJ 351
Hey All.

Does anyone know if any mods are neccessary to install 15X10 magnum 500's on the rear of our 73 Mach 1 Q Code. and what size BFG TA tire i should run.

I'm hoping the response will be that i can just bolt them right up and they wont rub. lol.

New to this site and still trying to figure out how to use it. My puter not notifying me when someone responds to my thread.

Thank you

A couple of the guys are running 15 x 10 Magnum 500s with 295/50R15s. Just need to insure the rims have at least 5" of backspacing to fit properly.

I'm running Cragar S/Ss (15x10 w/5.25" BS) with 295/50R15s and I'm here to say that not having the right amount of backspacing will cause issues. I originally ran 'off-the-shelf' Cragars with only 4.25" of backspacing, and tended to 'buzz' the wheel well openings when the suspension flexed too much (like every time I didn't creep over anything deeper than 2" in the road). A costly mistake to bite the bullet and order a new set of 15x10s with the custom backspacing needed to clear the wheel well openings.

Hopefully, Greg (Austin Vert) will jump in here with more information on his awesome '73 'vert.

A couple of the guys are running 15 x 10 Magnum 500s with 295/50R15s. Just need to insure the rims have at least 5" of backspacing to fit properly.

I'm running Cragar S/Ss (15x10 w/5.25" BS) with 295/50R15s and I'm here to say that not having the right amount of backspacing will cause issues. I originally ran 'off-the-shelf' Cragars with only 4.25" of backspacing, and tended to 'buzz' the wheel well openings when the suspension flexed too much (like every time I didn't creep over anything deeper than 2" in the road). A costly mistake to bite the bullet and order a new set of 15x10s with the custom backspacing needed to clear the wheel well openings.

Hopefully, Greg (Austin Vert) will jump in here with more information on his awesome '73 'vert.
Hey man. thank you for the 411. So minimum 5" back spacing. and i should have no issues with rubbing. thats great news bro. now i just need to find out who sells them with that amount of back space and "IF" thy can ship to hawaii..lol

I think Greg mentioned that only every now and then does he get a wheel well 'buzz' when driving quickly and not paying attention to dips and speed bumps and stuff.

For complete peace of mind, I'd go with Jeff's advice and get the ones with 5.5" backspacing.

I think Greg mentioned that only every now and then does he get a wheel well 'buzz' when driving quickly and not paying attention to dips and speed bumps and stuff.

For complete peace of mind, I'd go with Jeff's advice and get the ones with 5.5" backspacing.
I just got off the horn with sales person at Wheel Vintques. they can make the 15X10 with a 5.5 back spacing for $254. plus $114.00 per whel for shipping to hawaii ( ouch). Gonna try hit up Summit racing next

I just got off the horn with sales person at Wheel Vintques. they can make the 15X10 with a 5.5 back spacing for $254. plus $114.00 per whel for shipping to hawaii ( ouch). Gonna try hit up Summit racing next
Hi Robby,

Another Forum member was asking about the same deal as you are. Here is a link to that post for your reference.

Thanks also Eric for your kind words above and using me as a reference - it's appreciated.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-10x15s-on-the-rear

Hope that helps.::thumb::

Greg.:)

Hey All.

Does anyone know if any mods are neccessary to install 15X10 magnum 500's on the rear of our 73 Mach 1 Q Code. and what size BFG TA tire i should run.

I'm hoping the response will be that i can just bolt them right up and they won't rub. lol.

New to this site and still trying to figure out how to use it. My puter not notifying me when someone responds to my thread.

Thank you
I edited your post to notify you via email when you get a response. If you click on edit post you will see a section towards the bottom for Thread Subscription choices.

Hi Robby,

Another Forum member was asking about the same deal as you are. Here is a link to that post for your reference.

Thanks also Eric for your kind words above and using me as a reference - it's appreciated.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-10x15s-on-the-rear

Hope that helps.::thumb::

Greg.:)
Excellent reference. i am now confident i can make the swap to larger wheels and tires fit..thank you very much

Hey All.

I'm hoping the response will be that i can just bolt them right up and they won't rub. lol.

Thank you
I edited your post to notify you via email when you get a response. If you click on edit post you will see a section towards the bottom for Thread Subscription choices.
Awesome!! thank you very much

Q Code fattys.jpg

Finally got my 15X10 magnum 500's. very happy with he new look and stance. The wheels had to be custom made with a 5 1/2 inch backspacing.

Thank you to everyone that shared technical advice for the right fitment. Rubber is BGF 295's. everything fit perfect with no mods

Commonly available 8" Mag 500 with 4.5" bs works just fine with a 295/50.

Back