Cuda on Bitchin Rides

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
Who watches Bitchin Rides on the Velocity channel? I was watching it last night and they had a cuda that they stuffed huge tires and rims under with no body or rear-end mods. I believe they were 17's with 40 series tires.

I was wondering if there is anyone on here that has done the same and has a low, level or small front rake RestoMod look without doing mini tubs and\or fender flares?

I have looked around the forum and tried a search but all of my search criteria's return nothing relevant. Pictures\build threads would be great to see!

::thumb::

Wade

Thanks guys! Both of your cars look great and have a stance that I am looking for. For me I think I want to stay with 17's but I think that will still give me a similar or same look as yours.

Did both of you have to get the 9.5 BS special ordered? According to this article anything past 8" would have to be special ordered but that may only relate to Vintage Wheel Works.

I am leaning heavily towards the 17x8 45 series with 225/50R17s in front and slightly larger 245/50R17s out back. Maybe 275's out back?? I have already looked up DIY fender rolling on YouTube. Seems fairly easy and would be done way before paint so no risk there.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/wheels-tires/mump-0507-ford-mustang-large-wheels-fit/

Thanks

Wade

I now have 235/45/17 up front and 255/50/17 out back.

I would prefer 245 up front and 275 or 295 out back but I'd need bigger wheels at the back.

I now have 235/45/17 up front and 255/50/17 out back.

I would prefer 245 up front and 275 or 295 out back but I'd need bigger wheels at the back.

Do you have a picture from the back showing the width of the tires and how they sit up under and tucked in?

Man you get some wicked photos Lux.

I ended up putting 1" spacers on the rear of mine to make it closer to the fender. I regret not doing 18x10 in the back but over all I'm happy with the look.

Back