Post pics of your parts car!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351-4v
1971 Boss 351
Here's my favorite. 1971 Mach 1. :D

9c5012e406f00196ecd999b027ddcfcb.jpg

6a28348c81a2fe6ca96df2e10359a8dd.jpg

a1ca0540ed1cee566e2a417b188772ff.jpg

My 72 Vert for parts.

95q4np.jpg
Dang. Did it rust in half or did someone drop a beam on it?
It rusted in half. Had to use the winch on the trailer to pull it up on, but it started breaking in half completely. So we had to use a front loader from behind and help push it up on trailer while we winched the front at same time.

Believe it or not, I got ALOT of good parts off of it.

351C. Auto trans, AC, Power disc brakes, 9" rear with 350 gears if I remember right. Any other bits and pieces of trim.

73 Q code and 4 speed Grande that was totaled by prior owner. Also 71 Cougar M code convertible in background.

Also have M code 71 Cougar, 71 Mustang coupe, H code 73 Cougar not pictured 73MUSTAN.JPG

One of the members posted the link to craigslist about this car in Grand Rapids Mich.. When I contacted the owner it was a one owner car that got hit in rear and smashed into another vehicle. It had new stainless dual exhaust, ceramic coated headers, heads pulled and valve seat inserts installed. New top, decent tires and an all original Ginger deluxe interior that was perfect. The spare tire had never been on the ground. After he found out I was not a scrap yard I think the price went from $3,500 to $1,500 so I loaded up and went to Grand Rapids then Dearborn and back to N.C. with three hours sleep on the way. Believe it or not the car cranks and drives. I took the top off and put on my 73. Best parts car I ever got. It was so sad, the man that purchased it new had passed away. His wife was there when I loaded it. She ask if she could have the Mustang script emblem off the front fender. I said sure. Her husband bought the car new, dated her in it, married her in it, raised two boys in it and when he passed away was in the funeral procession. Two weeks before the crash they had taken $35,000 insurance off and went to $16,500 to save a couple bucks and BOOM. The car has a clean title not salvage. They did that and gave back to them since the loss was so great.

Also have a 72 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed T-5 that I hate to part out but going to crusher this year, only had 35,000 miles and was crashed. Nobody interested in fixing. Lots of great parts, no pics here.

The other parts car is a 72 vert that was loaded 351 H code, Auto, P.W., tilt, P.S., P.D.B., Air, Console, AM/FM, Gauges, and more for $1,000.

I have to stop myself from looking have too many now.

Parts cars are habit forming, lol.

100_2530.JPG

100_2531.JPG

Here is a couple pics of the 72 Mach 1 Q 4-speed T-5 that has sat for years. I did pull most of the interior and put inside but just never had time to do anything with it. They were just not worth fixing back in the day. It died with I think 32,000 miles on it. Still have all the parts.

It needed a front clip but now the evil rust demons have done their job. It cost $820 off the insurance auction yard back in 74 or 75 when he crashed it. Mach 1 sports interior, fold down rear seat, wear window defogger ( all T-5 had as standard), long console, NASA hood with ram air, front and rear spoilers, PDB and PS and comp. suspension.

100_2654.JPG

Here's my parts car(s), well, actually bins/boxes/containers. About half of my stockpile...

boxes.jpg

Here's my parts car(s), well, actually bins/boxes/containers.  About half of my stockpile...

boxes.jpg
My lord, how do you find anything

Easy! Each row is organized from right to left by year (64.5 - 1973). First row that you see are rebuildable underdash harnesses. Back row are cores/parts organized by year. Behind the camera to the left is another set of rows is miscellaneous (organized by year) and 71-73 headlights. Along garage door are 67-70 headlights and 7123 underdash refurbishable cores. In a storage room are tails, and 64-66 engine bay harnesses.

Harnesses on top of the boxes are pending orders, from right to left.

Every box is not marked to confuse the uninitiated.

One box contains the remains of Jimmie Hoffa, but I ain't telling which one!

Back