May 22, 2001 - May 22, 2011 Anniversary!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Hi Guys,

As of today (Sunday, May 22nd) I´ve had my 72 convertible for 10 years exactly. Over that period, I´ve put 103 000 km on it, driven it on an almost daily basis during summer, took it to Hamburg, Austria, and twice to Italy.

It served as a wedding car for my wife and me and for many others.

Here´s to the next 10 years.

Cheers!

:)

Hi Guys,

As of today (Sunday, May 22nd) I´ve had my 72 convertible for 10 years exactly. Over that period, I´ve put 103 000 km on it, driven it on an almost daily basis during summer, took it to Hamburg, Austria, and twice to Italy.

It served as a wedding car for my wife and me and for many others.

Here´s to the next 10 years.

Cheers!

:)
CONGRADULATIONS - WELL DONE!!!

Congrats! That is a great milestone!

Congratulations Mike! Here's to the next 10 years! What is the car's production date? Should have its 40th coming up soon as the next milestone. As I recall you are around 40...if I remember correctly from the faces thread (I think).

My '71 turned 40 in March. I turned 40 earlier this month. My '72 turns 40 in Jan & the '73 will hit 40 in May 2013. Kinda cool to think about.

Thanx guys for the kind words! Yesterday the car passed the inspection for the renewal of the registration without objection, so we're fit for the next two years!

What is the car's production date? Should have its 40th coming up soon as the next milestone. As I recall you are around 40...if I remember correctly from the faces thread (I think).

My '71 turned 40 in March. I turned 40 earlier this month. My '72 turns 40 in Jan & the '73 will hit 40 in May 2013. Kinda cool to think about.
Well I turned 40 earlier this year, my wife will in a few weeks and the Mustang will turn 40 on December 7th.

We're all getting old, I guess......:D

Great news you car passed inspection. Here in Virginia we have to do an annual inspection unless you get Antique License Plates, then no inspection is required. The catch though is that with Antique Plates driving the car is restricted.

Hi Mike, congratulaions for the anniversary. Ten years is a long time. Did you ever own a car for a long period like this , before? 1/4 of the car life you are the owner:) I hope you/we enjoy ouer cars for the next 10+.... years

I bouth my car an 6.6.2006 , my 5th anniversary comming soon :)

I know it because the date is good to keep in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine turns 40 in august.

I've had it 6 years now.

3 of it drivable :D

Hi Mike, congratulaions for the anniversary. Ten years is a long time. Did you ever own a car for a long period like this , before? 1/4 of the car life you are the owner:) I hope you/we enjoy ouer cars for the next 10+.... years

I bouth my car an 6.6.2006 , my 5th anniversary comming soon :)

I know it because the date is good to keep in mind.
No, longest time I ever had a car was a first generation Toyota MR2 that I had for about 6 years.(Wish I still had it though!)

Those 1/4 of the car's life have been the best years it's seen, as the other 3/4 it has been neglected and abused and not well cared for.

Ok, it still gets abused now and then, but that's different.

6.6.6 is easy to remember. Is that why its appearance is so dark and somber? :)

Latest posts

Back