Staggered Shocks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hotboss

Reaction score
My Car
1970 Boss 302
I was under the impression that all 71 Mustangs with 4 barrel carb came with the staggered shocks...if so how come it is so hard to find an exhaust system in 2.5 inches to accommodate staggered shocks...

Good Question, I looked all over for some too, custom seems to be the only way to get them. I am assuming demand is the culprit here. Try Dr Gas, the last time I spoke with them they were planning on releasing them.

I believe it's because the factory system was 2 1/4". The exhaust is the same as a 429 from the intermediate pipes back. I had 2 /12" pipes custom bent for my 429 car at the local Muffler shop years ago still using an H Pipe from NPD.

I was under the impression that all 71 Mustangs with 4 barrel carb came with the staggered shocks...if so how come it is so hard to find an exhaust system in 2.5 inches to accommodate staggered shocks...
I have a company that will make them

He still uses the old school bending equipment

PM me for more info

Don

I used standard over the axle pipes on my car. And they cleared the staggered shocks. I did not use stock exhaust hangers tho for mufflers

I have a company that will make them

He still uses the old school bending equipment

PM me for more info

Don
I bought a set of those from Don. Outstanding sound.

mike

I relocated the staggered shock to the standard location and the shop my friend owns was able to fit a 3" system all the way out the back with no problems. The bends have a bit of a kink, but the pipes are so big that it isn't a problem.

Back