Staggered Shocks

I was under the impression that all 71 Mustangs with 4 barrel carb came with the staggered shocks...if so how come it is so hard to find an exhaust system in 2.5 inches to accommodate staggered shocks...

Good Question, I looked all over for some too, custom seems to be the only way to get them. I am assuming demand is the culprit here. Try Dr Gas, the last time I spoke with them they were planning on releasing them.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

I believe it's because the factory system was 2 1/4". The exhaust is the same as a 429 from the intermediate pipes back. I had 2 /12" pipes custom bent for my 429 car at the local Muffler shop years ago still using an H Pipe from NPD.

I was under the impression that all 71 Mustangs with 4 barrel carb came with the staggered shocks...if so how come it is so hard to find an exhaust system in 2.5 inches to accommodate staggered shocks...

I have a company that will make them

He still uses the old school bending equipment

PM me for more info

Don

I used standard over the axle pipes on my car. And they cleared the staggered shocks. I did not use stock exhaust hangers tho for mufflers

I have a company that will make them

He still uses the old school bending equipment

PM me for more info

Don

I bought a set of those from Don. Outstanding sound.

mike

spacer.png

I relocated the staggered shock to the standard location and the shop my friend owns was able to fit a 3" system all the way out the back with no problems. The bends have a bit of a kink, but the pipes are so big that it isn't a problem.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!