My car!! Someone pinch me!

Anderslober

Car is on the high seas! Man......I cant wait! I hope the bumper is supposed to look like that.........can someone confirm?

I suspect that was done by the tow truck winch cable. When I needed mine towed the cable was going to do the same thing. Needless to say I requested another style tow truck.

Shucks......I had hoped you wouldnt say that. Anyway.....checkout the picture of the car just BEFORE being loaded into container.....the spoiler looks fine........I dunno...

Optical illusion??

IMG_1566.JPG.33e4a41c89d6fe2476878db8e4bb4532.JPG

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking Stang! Hope she treats ya good!

-Trenton C.

'71 Coupe - Never ending project

'98 GT - Daily/Never ending project #2

It would be cool to track it by GPS!!!

While we are on the subject. Were 71-73 Stangs - exported to Europe back in the day?

They were. Mine is an export model with metric gauges.

T-5 was ONLY for Germany because of a trademark conflict as the name "Mustang" was owned by a German company.

The other European countries got "Mustangs", not "T-5s"

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Shucks......I had hoped you wouldnt say that. Anyway.....checkout the picture of the car just BEFORE being loaded into container.....the spoiler looks fine........I dunno...

Optical illusion??

The extreme bend in the pic could be exaggerated by perspective because of the angle the picture was taken but it's still not normal.

When they tow those cars, they attach the cable to the frame, usually the strut rod brace. That brace sits higher than the spoiler. Then they pull the car up onto the bed of the truck so the wire gets pulled tight against the spoiler, kinda like an upturned triangle where the spoiler is the lowest angle.

The good news is that those spoilers are cheap to replace....

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

I have a video of the car going on to the flatbed........the tow cable was NOT used. I have confirmed with the former owner that the slight upward kink has always been there. Backed up by a few photos. It is hardly noticeable though....I think the angle exagerated the kink.

A slightly more concerning problem has arisen from the video though......the car was 'latched' to the flatbed with two big metal hooks on the rear axle.....I hope this hasn't damaged the rear brake lines. See pic from video below.....

Car should be here in DK on the 4th. Nov.! YEY!

IMG_1651.thumb.PNG.b4b535bea1a164f7edfd6e0911001cf2.PNG

I am not sure that is correct. Can I send you the video? Then you can see what I mean....

The hooks were put on the axle.......the hooks where then pulled forward......the hooks were on the rear of the axle.

I am not sure that is correct. Can I send you the video? Then you can see what I mean....

The hooks were put on the axle.......the hooks where then pulled forward......the hooks were on the rear of the axle.

Are you saying they took the winch cable that is supposed to sinch down the front hooks and ran it under the car and hooked it to the rear? That is not the proper way to transport a vehicle. If they had to make a 'panic stop', what would keep the car from sliding forward on that smooth surface into the winch and forward structure of the flatbed/rollback?

Stang1.jpg

YAY!!! Glad you got it in good shape and that it's all you hoped it would be. And that the spoiler issue WAS a perspective effect because of the angle the picture was taken from!! I would not have guessed that it would be just that.

My bad and I apologize.

Great car!!! And you do look happy.

I like the T-shirts and cap you had made. That's pretty cool!!!

Congrats on a cool car!

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

Very happy for you! I'm so glad it made is safely across the pond.

It might be a reflection but take a look at the driver's side hood lock. Make sure it is not pulling down on the metal/paint there. Mine did that and it can be adjusted.

(I believe I just pissed on the man's parade but I just want to make sure the paint is being damaged)

:bravo:

Looks great!!!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! I have the car in hand. Just picked up and inspected at the dock! All worked out great. The car is in absolutely fine fine shape!:whistling:::thumb::

Thanks

Tim

Tucson, Az

1973 SportsRoof

351C bored .040

Crank .020  and Stock cam

Flattop pistons

Edelbrock 4bbl CARB 800 CFM ELEC CHOKE

Edelbrock Performer 2750 Intake Manifold

NewPrimedHood_zpsw2jaj0cu.jpg