My car is alive

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang
351CJ
toploader

My 73 fastback has had electrical problems for over a year now. I could not find the problem so I found this awesome guy on here, ripped every wire out of my car and sent them to him. The re-install wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and his tech support on the phone was WAY beyond awesome. Thank you Mid Life. My Mach's alive and running great. Everything works. Even my horn.Lol. I havent heard that in 20 years..

Last edited by a moderator:
It is rare to find someone as willing to help as Mid-life. Outstanding support!

Chuck

My first response on this thread was due to a duplicate entry by Scott, which has since been changed.

It's amazing what a little detective work can do to solve problems. Scott's original problem was that he couldn't get the engine to continue running after it caught while cranking. While working on his headlight harness, I found no continuity between the I line and the engine gauge feed harness. The copper wires near the 90* connector at the starter solenoid had disintegrated inside the insulation: you couldn't see anything wrong. I replaced that lead and problem solved.

Just last weekend, I had a customer who claimed his ammeter never worked with factory wiring. He cobbled together a system bypassing the headlight/fusebox connector, wiring the ammeter directly to where they start inside the headlight harness. While I was checking out his 3 gauge center dash cluster, the yellow wire for the ammeter had a megaohm of resistance. Closer inspection showed that the factory crimp of the wire onto the pin that goes into the connector was bad; probably that way from the factory. Problem solved.

Back