85000 grand! Ouch! 429cj.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a very nice car and I'm hoping he get's the price he's asking!!!! kind of unusual in that it has a 4sp and AC which makes it unique but it has some small detail issues that I would think would have been taken care of for the price he's asking.

It seems that the Boss 351 and 429 CJ prices are going up!

How much do you think the incorrect exterior color would affect the price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-/252567401877?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ace30b595:g:hQUAAOSw0RpXliF7&item=252567401877

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I am selling mine to cheap lol

Well they can always ask for any price, doesn't mean that's what they'll get. With a starting bid of $85K I doubt there will be a single bid. You can always go down in price but typically not up. If that one is truly worth $85K then my '71 J code 429 CJ Grabber Green Mach 1 with 4 speed and no AC no PS should be good for an easy $65K, right? heh heh The only cars getting that kind of money are 429 CJ / SCJ survivor cars with original paint and low miles. Or one of Steve McQueen's '71 429 SCJ cars which I believe sold for around $89K a few years ago:

http://www.schmitt.com/inventory/ds-1971-mustang-mach-1-429-sjc-drag-pack-ex-steve-mcqueen/

They are trolling for a big fish. There are some that make more than that in one day and think nothing about spending it. They are not looking for typical buyer just the big fish. When I use to go to lots of swap meets I was told I was pricing my parts too cheap. When I raised the prices sales went up. The little guy was not looking but the rich guy was. Some of the wealthy do not really look at how original just what they want at the time. I have to reason out the purchase and not just spend money as some people do. Not worth 1/3 the asking price in my opinion. Supply and demand.

Hey justford........your car is REAL nice. If I had the dough I would buy yours too!:))
Thanks. Just got a deposit on mine.

They are trolling for a big fish. There are some that make more than that in one day and think nothing about spending it. They are not looking for typical buyer just the big fish. When I use to go to lots of swap meets I was told I was pricing my parts too cheap. When I raised the prices sales went up. The little guy was not looking but the rich guy was. Some of the wealthy do not really look at how original just what they want at the time. I have to reason out the purchase and not just spend money as some people do. Not worth 1/3 the asking price in my opinion. Supply and demand.
<$28500?, I don't think so...

<$28500?, I don't think so...
Yes, at 1/3 the asking price, or $28333, I would risk divorce and buy '71 429 CJ's in that condition all day long until my home equity line was wiped out. :) It would literally be stealing the car at that price, assuming everything was as stated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think 85 million dollars is too much for any Mustang.....

(For those doing the math, "85000 Grand" would be: 85,000 x $1000 = $85,000,000)

Back