Nice Boss 351 on eBay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to give this one a good look over. Perfect color!! Really want this one but I would have to sell a few of my projects:-/ anyone want to buy my R code? ;)

I am sure Ray and I would say worth more as it than if you spent $50,000 to restore. Only original once....

Needs a deep detail but no restore to keep the value. Those darn tail light gaskets leaked and got the trunk. Never wash you 71-73 with hose only wipe down. There is a natural trap for water no matter what gasket you use that rusts out the tail light panel the leaks to the floor. Very bad design.

I am sure Ray and I would say worth more as it than if you spent $50,000 to restore. Only original once....

Needs a deep detail but no restore to keep the value. Those darn tail light gaskets leaked and got the trunk. Never wash you 71-73 with hose only wipe down. There is a natural trap for water no matter what gasket you use that rusts out the tail light panel the leaks to the floor. Very bad design.
I couldn't agree more. This car is a deal if the engine/trans/rear numbers match.

I would just clean it and drive it as is!

I always preferred the look of a driven car over a trailed show car. Less stress too. [emoji14]

I am sure Ray and I would say worth more as it than if you spent $50,000 to restore.
Yes. I think it is priced right for a Boss. If I had that kind of deposable income, I'd buy it. Then I'd have to figure out where to put it! :whistling:

Ray

It appears to have the deluxe interior....isn't that somewhat unusual for Boss 351?

Would like pics of the underside to see extent of any rust...gotta wonder if the engine is okay after sitting so long. Asking price seems pretty reasonable for what is being presented.

I am sure Ray and I would say worth more as it than if you spent $50,000 to restore.
Yes. I think it is priced right for a Boss. If I had that kind of deposable income, I'd buy it. Then I'd have to figure out where to put it! :whistling:

Ray
Hey I think Chuck's lift is empty at the moment :whistling:

Ray
Hey I think Chuck's lift is empty at the moment :whistling:
He would probably be the best steward to own and take care of that car!

Ray

My thoughts on the car is why someone hasn't bought it already. It is a highly desirable car.

The ad says standard interior and trans/shifter. As mentioned the interior doesn't appear to be standard and the shifter should be the T handle. Also motor might be questionable, valve covers for sure and I couldn't quite tell on the intake manifold. A good look is warranted before buying it.

I couldn't agree more. This car is a deal if the engine/trans/rear numbers match.

I would just clean it and drive it as is!

I always preferred the look of a driven car over a trailed show car. Less stress too. [emoji14]

Agree with the comments, wish I could have ran across one like that when I was looking for a 71 Boss, ended buying the 71 M Code. I would also just polish it up, make it mechanically sound and drive like it is. If it was in the area I'd be driving my M code over with my check book to see if I could work out a deal, don't have the garage space for both of them.

It appears to have the deluxe interior....isn't that somewhat unusual for Boss 351?

Would like pics of the underside to see extent of any rust...gotta wonder if the engine is okay after sitting so long. Asking price seems pretty reasonable for what is being presented.
Interior trim CA for Black Knitted vinyl, correct but you don't see many.

I'd love to clean it up a bit and drive as is! Kids don't really need a college fund do they????? Hopefully "Matthew" didn't take it...... as I see its in Florida

Back