Cooper Cobra or BFgoodrich ?

Anderslober

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the post started with a Cooper vrs Goodrich, have you considered Dunlop GT Qualifiers? I've had long-time experience with them on my 73 vert and other past mustangs and they have always performed well.

Unless you have upgraded your suspension and steering, and use it as a daily driver, it really doesn't matter. If you did all the upgrades, I would not go with either. There are better tires out there for dailys.

I have Coopers on my Boss and BFG on my Mach 1. I like both.

• 2 months later...

Hi Forum......I decided on a set of Mastercraft Avenger GT's. 235/60-15 front and 295/50-15 rear.

I am awaiting delivery from the US.

They certainly have the look that I want........hopefully handling will be ok too! :-)

Will post pictures when tires arrive.

Hi Forum......I decided on a set of Mastercraft Avenger GT's. 235/60-15 front and 295/50-15 rear.

I am awaiting delivery from the US.

They certainly have the look that I want........hopefully handling will be ok too! :-)

Will post pictures when tires arrive.

I have similar setup but with BFG and 245s in front. I love it.

1971 M-code Mach 1

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

• 1 month later...

Hi Anders,

Congrats on the new tires. ::thumb::   I love mine and i hope you will too. When you get the tires fitted and try them out for a while,driving in wet and dry conditions, let us know what you honestly think of them. I went with the 245/60 x 15 Avengers up front, and the 295/50 x 15 on the rear. I love ém. :P

Now - that bluey green coating is normal. The manufacturer puts that coating on as a help protection for the white lettering. You will find that if you boil your hot water kettle or jug, pour the hot water into a safe container, and using a fairly strong plastic  brisseled  brush, apply the hot water to the raised lettering, using a brisk brushing/rubbing motion. This action will dissolve the blue coating to reveal the fresh white letters.

I use this top quality product to keep my tires looking first class. It is a low sheen looking product, not slick and glossy, that looks rich and natural,  but does not produce product fling off onto the body of your car. You may be able to import it into your country - i don't know, but i think so. Also, it is good for the raised white lettering being kept clean and white. It also helps keep the rubber in top condition. I recommend it 100%.

http://www.bowdensown.com.au/tyre-sheen

Cheers,

Greg. :)

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

Can anyone recommend an equivalent tire sheen product in the US?

1971 M-code Mach 1

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Can anyone recommend an equivalent tire sheen product in the US?

1971 M-code Mach 1

Product Review – Griot’s Garage – Long Lasting Tire Dressing Closure

http://wp.me/p2YxYx-Dx

Thanks

Tim

Tucson, Az

1973 SportsRoof

351C bored .040

Crank .020  and Stock cam

Flattop pistons

Edelbrock 4bbl CARB 800 CFM ELEC CHOKE

Edelbrock Performer 2750 Intake Manifold

NewPrimedHood_zpsw2jaj0cu.jpg

I have always preferred the BFG TA over Cooper Cobras.I had many different tires on my 66 years ago.As far as straight line traction the BFG always worked better for me and I feel they cornered better.The couple times I've had Cooper Cobras they just felt "slick" on the car.Ive always been happy with BFG tires TA Radial and otherwise.I have BFG TA on my 72 for my street driving tires.While those hard tires are useless for the power I have they are lasting remarkably well.I have M/T drag radials for when it gets serious.

My wheel dressing of choice is: 303 Aerospace Protectant

https://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CSR-Protectant-Plastic-Fiberglass/dp/B00KN0UOEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487116429&sr=8-1&keywords=303+aerospace+protectant

It is pretty much the same as the old Dupont Teflon Tire Shine.  Darkens the rubber and trim without excessive gloss.  Contains no petroleum distillates so it will not degrade the rubber/plastics and has UV protectants.  Lasts a decent amount of time.  Bottle lasts a while too.

Mike

Black 1985 GT

Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1

Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's

Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390ci, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI