Ebay 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Qcode mach1
Spent the day driving 400 miles to pick up the cleveland I bought on Ebay for $350 smackers. Was a little skeptical but price was right for a DOAE-CA with what appeared to be 4v no dot heads. DOAE M 9J10 (September 1969)

Pulled pan and valve covers and what do i see 4 bolt mains, double roller timing chain, what looks like new pistons, clean everywhere cam looks good. Top end is really clean and tight. Need to pull heads maybe later this week.

Engine came with a 750 Holley w/trick kit in box.

Cast iron bellhousing, flywheel, throw out bearing and arm, starter, two alternators, and a 1000lb rated engine stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's so cool. Four bolt blocks alone go for 350 plus. You got yourself a great deal. EBAY can be hit and miss. I remember it back in the old days when it was all private sellers who had a few things to sell and there were a lot less scammers.

Got the heads off today and I am pleased with what I see so far. Head gasket was leaking on driver side with coolant from #one to the front and some black between one and two. Pistons are .030 over flat tops with valve reliefs, no wear ridge at top only light carbon build up cross hatch visable smooth.

Only looked at the #four main which was only slightly worn, journal looks new.

Rods on last two had some copper showing on the top shell but no scratches.

Nothing but good things so far.

Spent the day driving 400 miles to pick up the cleveland I bought on Ebay for $350 smackers. Was a little skeptical but price was right for a DOAE-CA with what appeared to be 4v no dot heads. DOAE M 9J10 (September 1969)

Pulled pan and valve covers and what do i see 4 bolt mains, double roller timing chain, what looks like new pistons, clean everywhere cam looks good. Top end is really clean and tight. Need to pull heads maybe later this week.

Engine came with a 750 Holley w/trick kit in box.

Cast iron bellhousing, flywheel, throw out bearing and arm, starter, two alternators, and a 1000lb rated engine stand.
Wow! Did you ever score. Congratulations. Ron

Latest posts

Back