'71-'3 convertible seat foam??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went with TMI for seat covers and foam as I was trying to keep the price point down. 2 years later, the drivers seat cover is showing signs of wear, and I want to upgrade the cushioning. Our car is a daily driver so comfort matters! :D Their seat cushions are an improvement over the 40 year old stuff, but they lack (IMHO) the load deflection to make for a comfortable ride. Like you, I couldn't find pre-formed back seat replacement, so we added some daycron batting to the old one ad used it.

I'm heading over to my upholstery shop this afternoon to see what they recommend and to see if we can add to the bolsters and improve support in the lumbar area.

Info on auto foam:

http://www.carrscorner.com/foam.php

Curious if anyone has replaced the factory foam with a pre-cut foam from a trusted supplier for the convertibles? It appears that there is front seat foam readily available for our cars but not so sure about the rear seat availability. Anyone have a lead on this? My rear seat foam is toast...
Nothing that I have seen

Even the fastback one is 67-8 / 69-70 make

it fit your 71-3.

Do you need upper and lower ?

You may have to buy some used seats to salvage the foam.

Don

Check out local auto upholstery shops. They may (should) be able to sculpt good quality foam into the proper shape using what is left of your back seats as a template for a reasonable cost. When you look at it, the rear seats are pretty basic construction once you get past the frame.

Curious if anyone has replaced the factory foam with a pre-cut foam from a trusted supplier for the convertibles? It appears that there is front seat foam readily available for our cars but not so sure about the rear seat availability. Anyone have a lead on this? My rear seat foam is toast...
Nothing that I have seen

Even the fastback one is 67-8 / 69-70 make

it fit your 71-3.

Do you need upper and lower ?

You may have to buy some used seats to salvage the foam.

Don
>>>>>

Last edited:
Check out local auto upholstery shops. They may (should) be able to sculpt good quality foam into the proper shape using what is left of your back seats as a template for a reasonable cost. When you look at it, the rear seats are pretty basic construction once you get past the frame.
>>>>>

Last edited:
Back