Hot Wheels to go

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, what can I say. I live in Memphis and have seen every possible car riding atop these size wheels. I just shake my head and keep on going. Just yesterday saw a Dodge Challenger rolling on 30+ wheels. I only imagine the amount of damage happening to the driveline and what remains of the original car. It is what it is.

After watching the video realized it was filmed in Ft. Lauderdale, FL on a car with TN plates. Possibly not in the hands of the owner anymore. Just sayin cars in Memphis tend to disappear a lot. That is why insurance premiums are 2x the national average here. When you now have a 16 year old boy driving plan on making a house payment equivalent for his insurance coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be some screwed up steering geometry for sure.

Not the Mack truck in picture but one beside it has same tires, lol. We are going in cycles and back to the big wheels. Early cars had really low profile wide tires and huge wheels with no air. There is a Model T Ford here in town that has a spare tire on back with the no air feature. It has a series of round holes going sideways through the tire to give it some cushion.

Michelin tried to bring that back with the Twheels wheel and tire combination with no air but have not heard anything in years on them. Here is link to info http://newatlas.com/go/3603/ Looks like they are mainly used on construction equipment now. They made solid colored tires back in the 70's but when you did a burn out no black marks colored lines so they stopped production.

There will always be something brought back and make people think it is new. It is difficult to come up with anything new.

I ain't gonna lie - I'm not a fan of DONKs.

But... to each, their own I guess. (insert "barf" smiley here)

Back