• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

71-72 Front Bumper Tray

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Coupe 351c
Looking for the bumper tray in the photo for a chrome bumper perhaps the same

part for the urethane, not sure.

smwodl.jpg

Thanks

Paul

Paul, Ford called that the front bumper reinforcement. Same one was used for the chrome or urethane front bumper in 71-72. As far as the info I have no one is reproducing them at this time. I would check with Don (OMS) or Mike at Motor City Mustang and see if they have any decent used ones. You can also search for D1ZZ-17A792-A on line. There is one showing on Rear Counter (which is a parts broker) and lists the contact info where the part is located. The store that shows the part has left the "A" off the part number and erroneously listed it also fitting a 73. Unfortunately we are still the Red Headed Step Child when it comes to new parts for our "Clydesdale's". Good luck on your search

I had one, but a member needed it, so I let it go cheap to help him out . . . but I did a tracing on cardboard if you want to make a substitute, I can take a picture next to a ruler or a tracing onto paper and fold it up and mail it to you. I plan to make one out of a sheet of aluminum or mild steel and get a few reinforcements tig welded on at some point.

Back