Edelbrock 3606 E-street ez-efi ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One big overlooked item to concider on these efi systems is that they require a new fuel system capable of the pressures necessary (~42-50psi vs6-10psi) . Not overly difficult but not an insignificant cost or amount of work. Some companies offer the kits with a fuel system or I've seen surge tanks with booster pumps as well; many will require a return line as well. From the people I've talked to I've had one person say that the edlebrock efi is not as good as holly or FAST; he didn't give reasons for it really though and was using his stuff strictly for drag racing.

For someone thats decent with mechanics (wiring) it would be a pretty straightforward install. There are even clamp on style bungs for the 02 sensors that you can get if you dont have access to a welder. (I was skeptical cause they look pretty janky but apparently they work reasonably well.

But it will bolt on (as long as your on a 4 barrel carb flange), it's not nearly as simple as bolting on a good carb though.

I've been waiting to see how the Holly sniper efi reviews once it's launched. Seems like a great budget system.

I have an Edelbrock E-Street EFI system with the Universal Sump Kit (returnless style), but it's still in the box in the garage waiting for me to get some other things done before I can install it - the main thing being the O2 sensor bung welded onto an exhaust pipe after the headers.

Once I get that done, I'll post a write-up... but it might be a few months away still.

Back