• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1973 Mach 1 For Sale 351 Cleveland!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicCityMustang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Selling my 1972 Mach 1, 351 Cleveland FMX automatic.

Currently listed on eBay with no reserve. Check it out here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/232114092973?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Can reach me at 615-556-1098 with questions.

Here's the eBay description:

Selling a fairly original 1972 Mustang Mach 1. Please read the entire description before contacting me with questions. I have tried to capture everything I've noticed about this Mustang, but this listing description is in no way meant to be all inclusive.

This is one mean looking Mustang and a great, low-cost project/foundation for an awesome car.

Was owned by the previous owner for more than 22 years. Comes with a huge stack of receipts and history dating back to the 1980s.

Factory door tag is intact.

Body: 63R

Color: 4C

Trim: AR

Axle: 2

Trans: X

DSO: 25

Marti Report will be included.

Appears to be a documented original 79,000 mile car (paperwork going back to the early 1980s). Previous owner of 22 years rarely drove it more than to and from work a very short distance. 

Marti report confirms that it was originally green on green and was a Mach 1 from the factory.

Factory AC (Compressor and all original pieces intact, but belt is not present)

Factory Power Steering (leaks a little, but works)

Newer dual bowl master cylinder

Brakes inspected this week, all shoes look good

Newer tires

1 year old battery

New solenoid

New battery cables

New chrome air cleaner

New voltage regulator

351C 2V factory car

FMX Automatic Transmission from the factory

New fuel filter

New shift handle

Fresh oil change and oil filter

Interior is in good shape. Driver's seat needs to be re-covered and has a broken latch and broken mounting plate. Passenger seat is nearly perfect. Rear seat is nearly perfect. Small nick in cover.

Carpet looks good, some wear.

Newer dash pad

Newer headliner

Steering wheel horn button is broken and is adhered with glue. Wooden steering wheel looks good.

Vintage Cragar Keystone chromed wheels have some surface rust, but that will probably buff out.

Runs and drives, but hesitates occasionally. Seems like a fuel delivery issue. Possibly needs carb rebuilt or new fuel pump. I am not a mechanic. This is purely my opinion. Engine sounds very healthy to me when you start it and at idle.

Engine was rebuilt a few years ago to the tune of more than $4,000.

Dual exhaust.

Stops well.

Trans shifts fine.

Fairly minor rust in both quarters along the bottom and on the lip. Will need partial lowers.

Few dents and dings.

All glass looks very good.

Paint is faded and clear coat is peeling.

Trunk is in excellent original condition. New trunk liner.

Floors are in great condition. Factory undercoating appears to be present. One spot/small hole on the driver side front pan. Some rust to the front cross member, but all easily repaired.

Fuel gauge is inop.

Turn signals are not functioning.

Shifter requires a nudge to put into park.

This is a $35,000 car when restored. This one needs work but is a good start and is optioned well. 

I had planned to restore this car myself, but need the money for my business. I have owned it for about two weeks and have driven it around locally, but not on the interstate. I would recommend fixing the fuel delivery issue before doing so. Registered the car a week ago. Title should be here any day.

Terms: Deposit of $250 due to my PayPal account within 24 hours of auction end. Remainder is due within 48 hours via wire transfer or cash in person. Please do all inspections prior to bidding. I will make the car available for inspections during the day. No returns. No warranty. All transportation costs will be the responsibility of the buyer. This is a 40+ year old car that is not perfect, so please do not expect it to be.

Please check my feedback and bid with confidence. I've been dealing in Ford and Mustang parts on eBay for more than 15 years with 100% positive feedback with more than 1,000 transactions.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back