Marti Report clarification

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I have just received my deluxe Marti report. It has left me with a few questions about the report

Firstly the items included at no extra cost; What are;

"Bright exterior mouldings" &

"Steel guard rails"

The report states i have a "FMX Automatic Transmission" which is still fitted.

In the extra's the report states "Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic $217"

Can anyone tell me what that is?

I have included a picture(not very clear) of my shifter

Apologies for upside pic. Not sure why the pic gets inserted upside down

20160722_173049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bracing in the door and cabin area - I believe.

Found this at:

https://classicmustang.com/1971-mustang-information/

CHANGES FROM THE PREVIOUS YEARS

1971 is the start of the third edition Mustang. The Mustang model had evolved so much over the past few years that it may seem to some that the 1965 Mustangs and the 1971 Mustangs have little in common stylistically. The 1971 edition came with three new rooflines, including a new ‘flat-back’ option. This meant you could choose from six models and dozens of customizable options. The models were as follows: Mach I, Grande’, Boss 351, Hardtop, Sportsroof and Convertible. Each model was bigger than the previous years, and featured a modified stance for better handling. Ford was clearly making the option available in 1971 of customizing your very own Mustang in every way possible.

A few new engine options were included, such as the 429 Cobra Jet Ram Air V-8. Some of the standard features included were DirectAire Ventilation, steel guard rails on the sides, high back bucket seats and a rear window electric defroster. The wheelbase was 1 inch larger than in 1970, the length 2 inches longer and the width increased by 3 inches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a pic of the side of the car. Are the guard rails the ones that run along wing,door & rear quarter? and are the rails in the wrong place? I have seen other cars where the rails run along the body where the hump sticks out just below the door handle. There is also some chrome/metal that runs below the door along the sills

M3.JPG

Here's a pic of the side of the car. Are the guard rails the ones that run along wing,door & rear quarter? and are the rails in the wrong place? I have seen other cars where the rails run along the body where the hump sticks out just below the door handle. There is also some chrome/metal that runs below the door along the sills
The steel guard rails are inside of the door - they are a safety crash part

The bright trim just refers to the use of anodized aluminum for 1971 thru 73 VS stainless steel trim in 65 - 70 [ for most of it anyways ]

The trim on the outside of your car on the fender, door and quarter panel are not factory

The trim on the outside of your car on the fender, door and quarter panel are not factory
Thank You Don. I will remove that metal along fender, door & QP

Back