New Guy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragtop

Reaction score
My Car
70 Torino GT Conv
Hi gang. I'm considering buying a 71 vert project car so I thought I would join your site and take a look around. If I buy this car I will be spending a lot of time here. It's a 6 banger car that's been sitting outside for a year.

Welcome! The convert guys will feel extra special with another vert on here. LOL

I hope you enjoy the site as much as we do!

Welcome to the forums! You'll get all the info you need and then some here! Any pics of the Mustang?

::welcome::

You got all the rag top guy's all giddy. Now you don't have a choice but to buy it or they might hunt you down hahaha::blah::

Welcome to the site Glad you found us.

If the owner can produce a title I'm buying it and trailering home this weekend.

The car appears to be mostly complete but will require some rust repair. Both front floor pans have small holes which is no big deal. I just hope the cowls aren't too bad. I know the passenger rocker will need working over. I think I saw one for sale in your classified section.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Tod

One thing that makes the verts special is that they survived all these years! They are more prone to rusting because sometimes the top is left down when the owner doesn't know it's raining outside (don't ask me how I know that). Also, the top drains water inside the the car down into the quarter panel door post area; if the drain holes get stopped up from leaves or debris, the water puddles up and creates more opportunity for rust. I always checked the drain holes on a regular basis on my vert over the years.

Brought home the Mustang yesterday. After looking it over it appears to have all the drive train. I may change the oil and gas and see if she'll start. It still needs floors, interior and paint, but it would be fun to find out if it will start.

I need to finish up the Torino in the garage before I get busy on this project. But this will give me motivation to get the Torino done so I can pull the Mustang in to the garage. Plus my wife has already notiied me that the Mustang will be her's.

mustang1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back