1972 Mustang Mach 1 in Houston Area

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salhi_aemr

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe Blue ( Sold )
1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )
1972 Mach 1 Gold ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Green ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Vert Yellow
1971 Mustang Mach 1 Pewter
1972 Mustang Mach 1 Grabber Blue
1971 Mustang Fastback Red
[url=https://ibb.co/dW1eva][img]https://preview.ibb.co/kxpoov/Mustang_Collections.jpg[/img][/url]
Wow - looks nice to me. If you wind up getting it, consider keeping it "stripe free," since that's what a "stripe free" car is supposed to look like (with the bright trim separating the black rocker panels from the upper body color). Well... except for the weird trim toward the upper part of the doors, that is. ;)

Good-lookin' car!

I was going to say 10-15K before I saw the price in the add. I think he is in the right range. I would bring him $12k cash and see if you can get it. If you pay the full price you would still be very happy.

Just don't modify it any. Mine was an original 351-2V with the FMX and the 3:00 rear axle from the factory. Always started, always fun to drive. Once I started modifying it be more work and less reliable. I would love to get in and turn the key on something like that today.

kcmash

Nice car. I have to agree with great advice you are receiving.

You'd work your rear off restoring one to look like that - for twice the asking price!

also agree keep it correct and stripeless!!!

Ray

Its a nice car that was a no sale twice on ebay. I think its an $11K to $12K car. Spoke to the owner when it was on ebay (I placed a bid) the body side molding is stick on, but the owner said there are holes under the stick on stuff. He is of the opinion that there was either factory or dealer installed molding on it when new, but that a piece got damaged in a minor accident (he mentioned a repair on the door) and no replacements were available, so all of it came off and stick on went in its place.

Am I the only one that does not see a value here. In my opinion it is not worth half the asking price. You are getting a bare bones Mach1 with nothing special. I do not think the Decor Group lower side molding was available on a Mach 1 so was added. The higher trim is aftermarket for sure. It is not a restored car just a car that needs everything. With the engine with that many miles the valve guide seals are crumbling and just a matter of time until the oil pump locks up from a piece of the rubber being sucked in. Or the by pass valve on the oil pump stick and it explodes oil filter. I would say if you went and did an up close inspection there will be rust issues in cowl and tail light panel, always there. Just washing these cars rusts them out don't have to be in salt.

There are much better cars that come across eBay all the time. I had to quit looking to keep from buying.

So if you bought the car for $15,000 and put $20,000 into a correct restore doing lots of work yourself it would maybe worth $22,000. Nothing special to draw a big money buyer.

That is how I see this car, just my opinion.

Yes Mike I ended up buying it. Billy inspected it and told me

its an excellent buy, no rust except at the back in the trunk by the wheel and it's minor. Other than that no rust issues. Motor has never came apart , it drives smooth and shifts perfectly and idles perfect. The AC functions great and the entire car mechanically is great.

View attachment 36120

David, I did a full inspection at a great reputable shop in Houston and it was positive and all the feedback I got were great. Car is in excellent shape and no rust issue except what I mentioned in the above post and there are no other hidden rust anywhere. Inspection lasted 2 hours and went over every single item. Appreciate your feedback.

Mike I think I confused you with another Mike lol

Back