1973 Mustang Vert Yellow

1971 Mustang Mach 1 Pewter

1972 Mustang Mach 1 Grabber Blue

1971 Mustang Fastback Red

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - looks nice to me. If you wind up getting it, consider keeping it "stripe free," since that's what a "stripe free" car is supposed to look like (with the bright trim separating the black rocker panels from the upper body color). Well... except for the weird trim toward the upper part of the doors, that is. ;)

Good-lookin' car!

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I was going to say 10-15K before I saw the price in the add. I think he is in the right range. I would bring him $12k cash and see if you can get it. If you pay the full price you would still be very happy.

Just don't modify it any. Mine was an original 351-2V with the FMX and the 3:00 rear axle from the factory. Always started, always fun to drive. Once I started modifying it be more work and less reliable. I would love to get in and turn the key on something like that today.

kcmash

Nice car. I have to agree with great advice you are receiving.

You'd work your rear off restoring one to look like that - for twice the asking price!

also agree keep it correct and stripeless!!!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Thanks Fellas for the help ::thumb::

Mustang_Collections.jpg

upload multiple pictures

Amer Salhi

1972 Mustang Coupe Blue ( Sold )

1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )

1972 Mach 1 Gold ( Sold )

1973 Mustang Mach 1 Green ( Sold )

1973 Mustang Vert Yellow

Looks like a good one and the price is probably negotiable a little bit. If you have the cash it might be worth checking it out.

351w - Ford racing GT40X 178 cc aluminum heads - Ford racing(crane) 1.7 roller rockers - Comp Cams 280H magnum cam .544" / .544" lift - ARP hardware - hedman longtubes - magnaflow exhaust with X pipe - Duraspark - MSD digital 6al box - MSD TFI coil - optima red top battery - tuff stuff 140 amp alternator - weiand stealth intake  - edelbrock 1406 600 carb  - march pullies and brackets - Be cool fan controller - derale electric fan - FMX trans - motive 4.11 gears - traction lok - lakewood traction bars.                                            

If it was a 4 speed car I would be on my way to Houston!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Its a nice car that was a no sale twice on ebay. I think its an $11K to $12K car. Spoke to the owner when it was on ebay (I placed a bid) the body side molding is stick on, but the owner said there are holes under the stick on stuff. He is of the opinion that there was either factory or dealer installed molding on it when new, but that a piece got damaged in a minor accident (he mentioned a repair on the door) and no replacements were available, so all of it came off and stick on went in its place.

Here is the Marti Report

2F05H235430_dlxrpt-page-001.thumb.jpg.6641a09b93b32359e2a3794e435e0ba9.jpg

Mustang_Collections.jpg

upload multiple pictures

Amer Salhi

1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )

1973 Mustang Vert Yellow

Am I the only one that does not see a value here. In my opinion it is not worth half the asking price. You are getting a bare bones Mach1 with nothing special. I do not think the Decor Group lower side molding was available on a Mach 1 so was added. The higher trim is aftermarket for sure. It is not a restored car just a car that needs everything. With the engine with that many miles the valve guide seals are crumbling and just a matter of time until the oil pump locks up from a piece of the rubber being sucked in. Or the by pass valve on the oil pump stick and it explodes oil filter. I would say if you went and did an up close inspection there will be rust issues in cowl and tail light panel, always there. Just washing these cars rusts them out don't have to be in salt.

There are much better cars that come across eBay all the time. I had to quit looking to keep from buying.

So if you bought the car for $15,000 and put $20,000 into a correct restore doing lots of work yourself it would maybe worth $22,000. Nothing special to draw a big money buyer.

That is how I see this car, just my opinion.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Yes Mike I ended up buying it. Billy inspected it and told me

its an excellent buy, no rust except at the back in the trunk by the wheel and it's minor. Other than that no rust issues. Motor has never came apart , it drives smooth and shifts perfectly and idles perfect. The AC functions great and the entire car mechanically is great.

image.thumb.jpeg.0f2d12cf3cfeeb8a29afb420d7df488f.jpeg

Mustang_Collections.jpg

upload multiple pictures

Amer Salhi

1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )

1973 Mustang Vert Yellow

David, I did a full inspection at a great reputable shop in Houston and it was positive and all the feedback I got were great. Car is in excellent shape and no rust issue except what I mentioned in the above post and there are no other hidden rust anywhere. Inspection lasted 2 hours and went over every single item. Appreciate your feedback.

Mustang_Collections.jpg

upload multiple pictures

Amer Salhi

1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )

1973 Mustang Vert Yellow

Mike I think I confused you with another Mike lol

Mustang_Collections.jpg

upload multiple pictures

Amer Salhi

1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )

1973 Mustang Vert Yellow

Thanks Mike I am super excited :)

Mustang_Collections.jpg

upload multiple pictures

Amer Salhi

1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )

1973 Mustang Vert Yellow

Am I the only one that does not see a value here. In my opinion it is not worth half the asking price. You are getting a bare bones Mach1 with nothing special. I do not think the Decor Group lower side molding was available on a Mach 1 so was added. The higher trim is aftermarket for sure. It is not a restored car just a car that needs everything. With the engine with that many miles the valve guide seals are crumbling and just a matter of time until the oil pump locks up from a piece of the rubber being sucked in. Or the by pass valve on the oil pump stick and it explodes oil filter. I would say if you went and did an up close inspection there will be rust issues in cowl and tail light panel, always there. Just washing these cars rusts them out don't have to be in salt.

There are much better cars that come across eBay all the time. I had to quit looking to keep from buying.

So if you bought the car for $15,000 and put $20,000 into a correct restore doing lots of work yourself it would maybe worth $22,000. Nothing special to draw a big money buyer.

That is how I see this car, just my opinion.

David, The lower molding is correct for a non stripe Mach 1. The decor option wasn't available on the Mach 1 because it was part of the Mach 1 option. The decor option was a optional package for coupes convertibles and sportroofs only.

- Mike

Congrats on the new addition! Based on what I'm seeing online I think it's a good buy. It may need some work but it looks like a solid driver. In Michigan that car would be a solid $15k car all day if it's in the condition you say it's in.

There is so much garbage for sale right now it's scary........

Mark

71 Mach 1 J code - Japanese export

72 Convertible f code - first car

Numerous other Fords

Thank you Mark :)

Mustang_Collections.jpg

upload multiple pictures

Amer Salhi

1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )

1973 Mustang Vert Yellow

David, I did a full inspection at a great reputable shop in Houston and it was positive and all the feedback I got were great. Car is in excellent shape and no rust issue except what I mentioned in the above post and there are no other hidden rust anywhere. Inspection lasted 2 hours and went over every single item. Appreciate your feedback.

Amer,

If you did a complete inspection and are satisfied that is all it takes.

I would for sure to pull one of the valve covers and look at the valve guide seals. The originals look like a hat around the valve stem. If there are pieces laying around or you can see them breaking apart you need to at least change the seals. This can be done without pulling the heads but if there are pieces in the oil pan they can block the screen on the oil pump causing issues that can lead to breaking oil pump drive shaft or causing the oil filters to explode when a piece gets into the oil pump. Some of the pick up screens have a hole that is covered by metal bar, not all. I do not know what engines got the pickup with hole and which did not. If the screen becomes blocked with the rubber or sludge the screen sucks up and the oil goes in the hole with no screen. This to prevent burning up the bearings. That is how the big chunks get into the pump causing the issues.

So I would suggest pulling pan if there are pieces of rubber in the heads.

Google the issue to see what I am talking about. I fixed too many of them over the years. When you buy a new oil pump there use to be a warning paper enclosed to check for the bad valve stem seals it was so common.

You know Ray and I love original or near original cars so glad you are saving one.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Thank you David, I was planning into doing all what you mentioned ;) its a beautiful preserved car.

IMG_1393.thumb.JPG.5d326f8c0a4aa31972300a916a189152.JPG

IMG_1396.thumb.JPG.6a8e028f069873217608acdaf6e5d55e.JPG

IMG_1399.thumb.JPG.cf56836ee1e3316a59c9d5ece11fd70e.JPG

IMG_1398.thumb.JPG.f73b68903c7c4ae3ac62e543495ba263.JPG

IMG_1400.thumb.JPG.1c549bb7b562981fa5cc1038c79ce531.JPG

Mustang_Collections.jpg

upload multiple pictures

Amer Salhi

1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )