I finally got my favorite license plate.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
Since it's been what, three years since I've touched Soylent Green (the '71), I figured that I ought to get it a license plate. And a license plate frame. Very special ones, I might add...

Los Angeles City Ford: 614 HSO by cudak888, on Flickr

614 HSO by cudak888, on Flickr

Gone in 60 Seconds by cudak888, on Flickr

Honestly, I'm probably just bucking for an excuse to try to jumpstart another Eleanor project. And if I have my way, I will. Someday.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Really 3 years?
Probably less, but I've been tinkering with the Satellite for over a year now, the Valiant probably the year before.

Most likely closer to two, but didn't feel like digging up my last post in the Soylent build thread to find out ;)

-Kurt

It only took a year (one year and four days, to be exact!), but I wound up getting my hands on one more LA City Ford frame (the one on the left) - and this one is bang-on screen correct  :D 

Now if I could only finish a Ford around here in my sea of Mopar crap.

-Kurt

Wow! Huge difference in the font at the bottom. Cool find!! Congrats. I've been missing you around here lately.

Wow! Huge difference in the font at the bottom. Cool find!! Congrats. I've been missing you around here lately.
The entire frame is taller by about a quarter of an inch for it too. Probably a different supplier. I've seen at least two other variants too - one from the '50s, and the other a transition to the two here (or a transition between, don't really know).

Been missing the Mustang scene myself, but I've had Soylent on hold ever since I started giving serious thought to Q's assessment that the rear framerails might very well be tweaked. I won't touch it until I've dragged it to the local shop's frametable for an assessment.

Perhaps it is just one leaf spring sagging more than the other, but I'm not going to weld anything back together until I'm sure. It's not like a Mopar, which may list a bit to one side because someone was off adjusting the ride height bolt that contacts the front torsion bars.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back