I finally got my favorite license plate.

cudak888

Since it's been what, three years since I've touched Soylent Green (the '71), I figured that I ought to get it a license plate. And a license plate frame. Very special ones, I might add...

29763941723_fbdec669d4_b.jpgLos Angeles City Ford: 614 HSO by cudak888, on Flickr

29766673914_a1490c4a38_b.jpg614 HSO by cudak888, on Flickr

29763920413_949cdc0def_b.jpgLos Angeles City Ford: 614 HSO by cudak888, on Flickr

30395783415_b2841df895_b.jpgLos Angeles City Ford: 614 HSO by cudak888, on Flickr

29763875983_864312f87e_b.jpgGone in 60 Seconds by cudak888, on Flickr

Honestly, I'm probably just bucking for an excuse to try to jumpstart another Eleanor project. And if I have my way, I will. Someday.

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

VERY COOL.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

I like the plate, it goes great with the car::thumb::

351w - Ford racing GT40X 178 cc aluminum heads - Ford racing(crane) 1.7 roller rockers - Comp Cams 280H magnum cam .544" / .544" lift - ARP hardware - hedman longtubes - magnaflow exhaust with X pipe - Duraspark - MSD digital 6al box - MSD TFI coil - optima red top battery - tuff stuff 140 amp alternator - weiand stealth intake  - edelbrock 1406 600 carb  - march pullies and brackets - Be cool fan controller - derale electric fan - FMX trans - motive 4.11 gears - traction lok - lakewood traction bars.                                            

Really 3 years?

Probably less, but I've been tinkering with the Satellite for over a year now, the Valiant probably the year before.

Most likely closer to two, but didn't feel like digging up my last post in the Soylent build thread to find out ;)

-Kurt

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

• 1 year later...

It only took a year (one year and four days, to be exact!), but I wound up getting my hands on one more LA City Ford frame (the one on the left) - and this one is bang-on screen correct  :D 

002.jpg

Now if I could only finish a Ford around here in my sea of Mopar crap.

-Kurt

Wow! Huge difference in the font at the bottom. Cool find!! Congrats. I've been missing you around here lately.

The entire frame is taller by about a quarter of an inch for it too. Probably a different supplier. I've seen at least two other variants too - one from the '50s, and the other a transition to the two here (or a transition between, don't really know).

Been missing the Mustang scene myself, but I've had Soylent on hold ever since I started giving serious thought to Q's assessment that the rear framerails might very well be tweaked. I won't touch it until I've dragged it to the local shop's frametable for an assessment.

Perhaps it is just one leaf spring sagging more than the other, but I'm not going to weld anything back together until I'm sure. It's not like a Mopar, which may list a bit to one side because someone was off adjusting the ride height bolt that contacts the front torsion bars.

-Kurt