New to the Forum, Hello!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande Coupe 302 Auto. Complete rebuild and extreme modification underway.
I've Had my 71 Mustang for years and only now found this forum. My Mustang was my first car and has sat since its auto trans took a dump. I have since taken to building the most absurd thing to hit the streets I can handle. I have a full plan on making it into a sort of full on drift/autocross monster. Not trying to offend the "Mustang purists" just trying to have a good time! If anyone has incite on which bits work well on these cars and which don't, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Don't worry we all kinds of people, purists, restomodders and even customizes that reshape whole bodies to their taste.

And the coolest thing about this place is that no one group looks down on the other.

Hello & Welcome from across the pond in the U.K.

I am sure you won't offend purists like myself. Our cars give us fun and satisfaction no matter what we see as fun and satisfaction someone else will always get satisfaction for a differant reason. We are all individual characters.

Welcome to the forum! I don't think you will offend anyone.....I'd invite you to take us along for the ride as you turn your Mustang into your drift/autocross monster!

Welcome from TEXAS! Can't wait to see your drift/autocross monster, sounds cool! Good luck on the build!

Brian

I am another who considers themselves a wannabe 'purist' .

Definitely not offended. Glad you are continuing your efforts to enjoy your car!

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

DisgruntledFun, you'll find everything here from bone stock 250 6 cylinder cars to ground pounding big blocks, Gold level Concours, everyday drivers, drag racers, "Drop Tops", coupes, and Fastback/Sports roofs. Forum members here have other make vehicles and openly talk about them without the fear of being "Stoned" by torch carrying townspeople! Probably the only thing that would cause you grief is if you were to talk about dropping a Chevy engine in your Mustang!!

Glad you stopped by, liked what you saw, and decided to stay. As others have said, when you get a chance please post some pictures of you Stang. Welcome aboard!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all asked for photos so here's the "Ugly Pony". Sorry for the wait, I couldn't figure out how to get photos from my iPhone onto my laptop.

Hope y'all enjoy. I'll be soon to post them up on the build forum too. See you there!

IMG_1981.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

Back