• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for 73 OEM Forged Aluminum Wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q Code Convertible
Hi guys,

A neighbor of mine just bought a 73 Mach 1 from a guy who has had since 1974 (still has original paint). Two of the wheels were stolen years ago and he is looking for a set to replace. If anyone has any let me know and will pass on to him.

Thank You

Jeff

Jeff, I would check with fellow forum member David (Carolina_Mountain_Mustang) as he may have some parts cars with the aluminum wheels. He is a original owner of a 73 Mach 1 with the aluminum wheels so he knows what the "Real" Ford wheels look like. If he doesn't have any, then I would see if Don (OMS) or Mike (Motor City Mustang) has some stuck back that they would like to make you a deal on.

I also have a set for sale if the other guys come up empty handed.

Hi guys,

A neighbor of mine just bought a 73 Mach 1 from a guy who has had since 1974 (still has original paint). Two of the wheels were stolen years ago and he is looking for a set to replace. If anyone has any let me know and will pass on to him.

Thank You

Jeff

DSCN3664.JPG

Hi guys,

Thank You

Jeff
I have these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a set that I have from a friend of mine he wants to sell. The back sides have not be cleaned (maybe ever?)

Hi guys,

Thank You

Jeff
View attachment 36084

View attachment 36085

View attachment 36086

View attachment 36087

View attachment 36088

Steve was right I have 4 sets, lol. They use to sell for $5.00 each at swap meets because everyone went to wider wheels. I turned down an good set at the Charlotte swap in April for $100 went back next day to get them and they did not come back to show.

There are three different ones the Mustang and Maverick are the same. The center hole diameter is different on the Mercury models has a larger hole which is not good on the Mustang. The lugs are not there to locate the wheel only hold it on the center hole supports the weight and centers it. So be sure the center hole is right one. I do not have the diameter handy. There were two larger hole sizes for the Mercury with everything else the same.

Back