Meeting Mike (will e)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
Mike (will e) came over to little old Amsterdam and on feb. 13, 2016 we met for a pint of the dark goodness called Guinness and he gave me a dash part of his old Mach 1.

I thought I'd mention that (8 months later) now that I've discovered that both Mike and I should be awarded the "Meet and Greet 1 - 4" prize!

:)

It was a great time meeting Vincent. He suggested 'the only authentic Irish pub in Amersterdam'. This was my first day in the Netherlands. I find the pub, open the door and the place is PACKED. I don't know the custom (find your own seat, wait for a hostess, ??). So I stand there for a few minutes checking out the situation. I realize everyone has a beer so no hostess is giong to show up. People were seated everywhere and there was almost no room to stand. Even the stairs had people sitting on them. It was a long narrow pub and very crowded.

Vincent finally figured out who I was and had the bartender tell me he was on the other side of the bar.

Turns out there was a big rugby game on. Irish vs French, that is why the place was full. It was a super friendly crowd and they were very nice to the few folks who were cheering for the french.

It was an awesome experience.

We had a nice time drinking a couple of pints and talking about our Mustangs.

He had posted up he needed a small interior piece and I remembered that I had kept one from my Mach 1. A quick search of the attic and I had it in hand. I was scheduled to go to Amsterdam for a business trip (first time ever). So it seemed like fate. It was great I could hand deliver it to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great time meeting Vincent. He suggested 'the only authentic Irish pub in Amersterdam'. This was my first day in the Netherlands. I find the pub, open the door and the place is PACKED. I don't know the custom (find your own seat, wait for a hostess, ??). So I stand there for a few minutes checking out the situation. I realize everyone has a beer so no hostess is giong to show up. People were seated everywhere and there was almost no room to stand. Even the stairs had people sitting on them. It was a long narrow pub and very crowded.

Vincent finally figured out who I was and had the bartender tell me he was on the other side of the bar.

Turns out there was a big rugby game on. Irish vs French, that is why the place was full. It was a super friendly crowd and they were very nice to the few folks who were cheering for the french.

It was an awesome experience.

We had a nice time drinking a couple of pints and talking about our Mustangs.

He had posted up he needed a small interior piece and I remembered that I had kept one from my Mach 1. A quick search of the attic and I had it in hand. I was scheduled to go to Amsterdam for a business trip (first time ever). So it seemed like fate. It was great I could hand deliver it to him.
Did you see any of the "ladies" in the windows?

Back