Way off topic WTB

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
351 Cleveland
PS, PB, A/C, rear defrost
I know Mustangs and F150s go together so I'm hoping someone can help. My son broke the antiknock sensor off his F150 changing the motor mounts (long story!). The part is not available anywhere so I'm reaching out to see if anyone has one or can help. Without the sensor, timing goes into emergency mode greatly impacting both power and fuel economy.

Thanks in advance.

I know Mustangs and F150s go together so I'm hoping someone can help. My son broke the antiknock sensor off his F150 changing the motor mounts (long story!). The part is not available anywhere so I'm reaching out to see if anyone has one or can help. Without the sensor, timing goes into emergency mode greatly impacting both power and fuel economy.

Thanks in advance.
Does it look like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-00-Jaguar-S-Type-OEM-KNOCK-SENSOR-98MF-12A699-AB-OR-XW4F-12A699-AA-/272410818907?fits=Year%3A1996%7CMake%3AFord%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A4.9L&hash=item3f6cf3395b:g:7Q4AAOSwZJBX~l1~&vxp=mtr

If not you may be down to salvage yards. I think Ford used the same sensors on all gas engines in 1996. I hope you find one. Chuck

It threads directly into the block. Was hoping to find one outside of the salvage yard because the often break when you try to remove them.
Get the part number from ford and then go to this site to search.

http://www.greensalescompany.com I looked on line for a while and found zip. Good luck. Chuck

Jeff, do you have the engineering number off the part or the part number from the dealer? Basic would be 12A699, but would need the prefix and suffix to identify. Did your Ford Dealer offer to perform a Dealer parts search? There was an absolute ton of those engines produced with that system, someone has got to have something stuck back somewhere!

Well, it finally came from China. It does fit and plug in but...no performance change and the system is still in default mode.

It was worth a try but I guess I'll have to search more junk yards. Thanks for the lead and for $12 it was worth the try. Still a bit pissed that Ford didn't provide the part when there are so many of those trucks out there...:atomic:

Back