Earnhardt Sr. raced a 71-73

bkdunha

Saw this posted on another site. Interesting to see Earnhardt with a 71-73 mustang. Always pictured him as a Chevy guy.

1970521628_earnhardtracecar.jpg.835a5d883050b369f90e03ea19ef1951.jpg

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

He use to run at the 1/2 mile dirt track at Greenville Pickens, S.C.. He drove a 1965 Mercury Comet if I remember correct. I think his grave marker has it etched into it. He also used a Mustang seat in most of his race cars regardless of make. He like most went where the most money was regardless of make.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Another thing that would get the die hard Chevy guys "Knickers" in a wad is how many Ford's were actually driven by Earnhardt in his racing career. His first race car was a Pink 56 Ford! According to his web site and a die cast company I was buying Nascar diecast from (RCCA-which did a tribute car), Earnhardt's racing budget was next to nothing. So they mixed what paint they had in the shop trying to come up with enough to paint the car. What they ended up with was a Pink car. With no time to repaint, off they went to the track!

firstcar.gif.c5f6eff635277df9ddd15f78ef465ea2.gif

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

On the paint. That is same story that Richard Petty had about the blue they came up with was what they had mixed together came out that color. I was wrong on the grave marker that is his Dad's marker. Dale is buried on his farm in private cemetery.

Richard Petty jumped ship when Chrysler would not give him the support he needed.

Another fact on Richard Petty. He use to drag race a Hemi barracuda. Back in the early days you came to the strip and parked along the side of the stip and sat on your car to watch and no guard rails. Richard lost control of car and hit the parked cars and killed some spectators and he said he would never drag race again and did not. I bet that car would be worth a fortune.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David