Honeycomb Panel Below Windshield

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pegleg,

No that I know of! I did find some aluminum ones.

20ghf6g.jpg

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mustang/mustang-cowl-vents-polished-billet-aluminum-1970-1973.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp15998797&sc_intid=44-91624-1&gclid=CMXbmM-n-M8CFYwehgod2WYMLg

mustang7173 :bravo:

If not broken, I would try turning them over on a flat surface and heating them a little with a hairdryer and placing something flat between the tabs till cool. Whatever you do, don't put them in the microwave....that doesn't work....

If not broken, I would try turning them over on a flat surface and heating them a little with a hairdryer and placing something flat between the tabs till cool. Whatever you do, don't put them in the microwave....that doesn't work....
I used a heat gun on mine and they flattened right out. Keep it moving thought.

+1 on the heat gun and setting something flat and heavy on them. I cut out two pieces of wood to fit down in then threw some weights on top. came out flat as a pancake.

Ummm - eeew. Not a fan of these. Respect to the effort - they just look really "blah," and overpriced "blah" at that... in my personal opinion.

That is how I straightened mine...

I used a heat gun on mine and they flattened right out. Keep it moving thought.

As stated the heat gun and between two flat pieces works. To make them look new scrub with dish detergent and blast them with walnut shells using low pressure. Wash again and dry and spray with satin clear. They will look like brand new. This works for any of the plastic pieces like the splash guards inside the inner fenders, pic included. Use lacquer thinner to get the road tar off also.

Works on the honeycomb rear panel on Mach 1 and front grill also. The blasting evens out the surface and removes the dead plastic. The satin clear also gives an even surface.

DSC00131.JPG

DSC00133.JPG

Ummm - eeew. Not a fan of these. Respect to the effort - they just look really "blah," and overpriced "blah" at that... in my personal opinion.
I agree, I don't like the way the look, nor the price, even if they were free.

I'm not concourse, so if I needed to replace mine I would fabricate some using expanded metal mesh.

As stated the heat gun and between two flat pieces works. To make them look new scrub with dish detergent and blast them with walnut shells using low pressure. Wash again and dry and spray with satin clear. They will look like brand new. This works for any of the plastic pieces like the splash guards inside the inner fenders, pic included. Use lacquer thinner to get the road tar off also.

Works on the honeycomb rear panel on Mach 1 and front grill also. The blasting evens out the surface and removes the dead plastic. The satin clear also gives an even surface.
Right on David. Perfect way to restore plastic pieces. I would also recommend SEM Black trim paint for a perfect satin look. It's very durable and easily refinished if needed.

Oh boy...first I said, nice. Maybe I'll buy the billet ones in the Spring since they look nice....Then saw the price...Nope

Oh boy...first I said, nice. Maybe I'll buy the billet ones in the Spring since they look nice....Then saw the price...Nope
Unless they have changed the parts the ones from Eddie Motorsports do not fit. Well at least they did not fit my early 71. I had purchased a few of the products from them and had to send each one back including these. Super people to deal with but NOTHING fit.

I agree, I don't like the way the look, nor the price, even if they were free.

I'm not concourse, so if I needed to replace mine I would fabricate some using expanded metal mesh.
I'm not so worried about these on mine - they were in about the same shape as the ones in the first pic. I just cleaned them up and painted 'em. I'm planning on adding some finer mesh (like window screen material) to help keep debris out.

Back