Honeycomb Panel Below Windshield

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

If not broken, I would try turning them over on a flat surface and heating them a little with a hairdryer and placing something flat between the tabs till cool. Whatever you do, don't put them in the microwave....that doesn't work....

If not broken, I would try turning them over on a flat surface and heating them a little with a hairdryer and placing something flat between the tabs till cool. Whatever you do, don't put them in the microwave....that doesn't work....

I used a heat gun on mine and they flattened right out. Keep it moving thought.

- Jim

+1 on the heat gun and setting something flat and heavy on them. I cut out two pieces of wood to fit down in then threw some weights on top. came out flat as a pancake.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Ummm - eeew. Not a fan of these. Respect to the effort - they just look really "blah," and overpriced "blah" at that... in my personal opinion.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

That is how I straightened mine...

I used a heat gun on mine and they flattened right out. Keep it moving thought.

Thanks

Tim

Tucson, Az

1973 SportsRoof

351C bored .040

Crank .020  and Stock cam

Flattop pistons

Edelbrock 4bbl CARB 800 CFM ELEC CHOKE

Edelbrock Performer 2750 Intake Manifold

NewPrimedHood_zpsw2jaj0cu.jpg

As stated the heat gun and between two flat pieces works. To make them look new scrub with dish detergent and blast them with walnut shells using low pressure. Wash again and dry and spray with satin clear. They will look like brand new. This works for any of the plastic pieces like the splash guards inside the inner fenders, pic included. Use lacquer thinner to get the road tar off also.

Works on the honeycomb rear panel on Mach 1 and front grill also. The blasting evens out the surface and removes the dead plastic. The satin clear also gives an even surface.

DSC00131.thumb.JPG.b8c50aa6acf288addd211aa47f2dbc15.JPG

DSC00133.thumb.JPG.394696d2a7f7e6c23c6aab05885b3c5f.JPG

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Ummm - eeew. Not a fan of these. Respect to the effort - they just look really "blah," and overpriced "blah" at that... in my personal opinion.

I agree, I don't like the way the look, nor the price, even if they were free.

I'm not concourse, so if I needed to replace mine I would fabricate some using expanded metal mesh.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

As stated the heat gun and between two flat pieces works. To make them look new scrub with dish detergent and blast them with walnut shells using low pressure. Wash again and dry and spray with satin clear. They will look like brand new. This works for any of the plastic pieces like the splash guards inside the inner fenders, pic included. Use lacquer thinner to get the road tar off also.

Works on the honeycomb rear panel on Mach 1 and front grill also. The blasting evens out the surface and removes the dead plastic. The satin clear also gives an even surface.

Right on David. Perfect way to restore plastic pieces. I would also recommend SEM Black trim paint for a perfect satin look. It's very durable and easily refinished if needed.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Oh boy...first I said, nice. Maybe I'll buy the billet ones in the Spring since they look nice....Then saw the price...Nope

Oh boy...first I said, nice. Maybe I'll buy the billet ones in the Spring since they look nice....Then saw the price...Nope

Unless they have changed the parts the ones from Eddie Motorsports do not fit. Well at least they did not fit my early 71. I had purchased a few of the products from them and had to send each one back including these. Super people to deal with but NOTHING fit.

I agree, I don't like the way the look, nor the price, even if they were free.

I'm not concourse, so if I needed to replace mine I would fabricate some using expanded metal mesh.

I'm not so worried about these on mine - they were in about the same shape as the ones in the first pic. I just cleaned them up and painted 'em. I'm planning on adding some finer mesh (like window screen material) to help keep debris out.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif