Luxstang meets Don65stang (on his turf)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
I just now found out that I did post a pic from when I met tnfastbk but forgot to brag about my meeting with our dear admin Don on his turf in Mobile AL during my recent trip to the USA.

Here's a pic of Don, my mother, my wife (first one who asks who is who gets banned from the forum!! ) and yours truly after devouring a plate of grilled oysters at that great seafood restaurant Don took us to.

We wanted to take the photo with the oysters still in place but they looked so good we had to change priorities. :)

image.jpeg

Awesome! Nice pic! ::thumb::

I'm so jealous when I see everybody getting the chance to meet up with other members. There really isn't a lot of opportunity to meet anybody out in the middle of nowhere, West Texas.

Hope you're all having fun on your trip!

Very cool. Yeah I agree with Eric, West Texas would be IMPOSSIBLE :p but Oklahoma City should not be TOO tough!

Route 66 ::thumb:: The good parts!!!

Ray

Yeah I agree with Eric, West Texas would be IMPOSSIBLE :p but Oklahoma City should not be TOO tough!
You know - I even get that from my friends and family. "When are you going to come back and visit us?" or "You need to bring the Mustang next time so we can see it." (they're in Utah, South Carolina, Virgina, etc...)

And this last time I replied with, "You know, I've been in San Angelo for 25 years now, and I've been back to (insert above location here) a dozen times, but nobody's ever come to see me once... when can I expect a visit?"

Crickets.

I'm starting to think that maybe West Texas just kinda sucks. No... wait... I pretty much knew that an hour after the Air Force dumped me here. -- sigh --

Yeah I agree with Eric, West Texas would be IMPOSSIBLE :p but Oklahoma City should not be TOO tough!
You know - I even get that from my friends and family. "When are you going to come back and visit us?" or "You need to bring the Mustang next time so we can see it." (they're in Utah, South Carolina, Virgina, etc...)

And this last time I replied with, "You know, I've been in San Angelo for 25 years now, and I've been back to (insert above location here) a dozen times, but nobody's ever come to see me once... when can I expect a visit?"

Crickets.

I'm starting to think that maybe West Texas just kinda sucks. No... wait... I pretty much knew that an hour after the Air Force dumped me here. -- sigh --
You would love Australia Eric!:)

Greg.:)

Crickets.

When I was in Texas in May I was planning on trying to meet up with you, but unfortunately you were out of town at the time! But the way work has been picking up in Fort Worth I will be down there again in the near future. So hopefully we can meet up and I can check out the stang.

Great pic Mike and Don!!

Well, Eric, if I ever get anywhere near West Texas you're on top of the list! :)
Sweet! As well, if I ever find myself anywhere in Europe, I'm definitely making time for a trip to Luxembourg.

You would love Australia Eric!:)
I have no doubt about that.

When I was in Texas in May I was planning on trying to meet up with you, but unfortunately you were out of town at the time! But the way work has been picking up in Fort Worth I will be down there again in the near future. So hopefully we can meet up and I can check out the stang.
Keep me posted - definitely looking forward to that.

-----

So Mike, what was the occasion? Just taking a trip for fun, or did you work out a little side-vacay during a business trip? Just curious. Looks like everybody's having a great time in the pic - good for you! ::thumb::

Nah, just taking a vacation. Touring the south, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, a bit of North Carolina.

Enjoying the vibe in Memphis and Nashville which was great for the guitar player in me.

Poor Don received a truckload of parts that I ordered to his address so I could bring them over. I guess his wife as happy when I finally picked it all up. :)

It was very cool. We got to hang out during the evening when they first arrived then again the next day through lunch time where that photo was taken. The funny thing is that Mike, Carla and Emmy all said they didn't like oysters yet you see the empty shells in the photo.

I apologize for not being on here much lately. Work has me swamped and i've been traveling like crazy. Currently I'm in London and am planning to meet up with Thin Lizzy for lunch. ;)

Nah, just taking a vacation. Touring the south, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, a bit of North Carolina.

Enjoying the vibe in Memphis and Nashville which was great for the guitar player in me.

Poor Don received a truckload of parts that I ordered to his address so I could bring them over. I guess his wife as happy when I finally picked it all up. :)
Don't tell me you drove to Asheville, North Carolina within 9 miles of me and you did not call. We are turning into the beer, whiskey, wine center of the U.S. so much to see and drink here.

Don't tell me you drove to Asheville, North Carolina within 9 miles of me and you did not call. We are turning into the beer, whiskey, wine center of the U.S. so much to see and drink here.
Oh crap! Sorry about that. I had no idea you were in that area. Aaaargh!

The North Carolina part of the trip wasn't really planned. I added it because we were a few days ahead of schedule and had two days left.

The Asheville part left kind of a bad taste because there were no rooms anywhere because of people being evacuated because of Mathew.

Only rooms left were at Biltmore Estate. If you're from that area you know what that means! :/ $$$$$

Too bad. I'd have loved to meet you in person.

Back