FINALLY, 12 months, lotsa late nights...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1F03H
1F05M
2F05H
Hi All,

I've been head down arse up with this restomod; full panel and paint, suspension, steering, brakes, drivetrain, cooling system, exhaust, full rewire, interior and the engine... my budget has been well and truly blown out of the water but today I reversed her out of my shed and took her for a spin. Today was my watershed moment! Might have time to pull together the hundreds of photos and organise my build thread!

Turn up the volume!!!! (still gotta tweak the idle circuit :))

Cheers...

...Mickus

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very nice. I like your taste. For example the BT valve covers and looks like a March serpentine pulley setup? She sounds nasty. ;)

Thanks for the compliments guys, it really is a thrill to share and get positive feedback from guys that are as intimate with 7173 Mustangs as I am.

Greg; Hooker 6921-1 ceramic headers (which slipped effortlessly in) into 3" stainless X and, originally, dumps. The dumps sounded phenomenal but I was getting too much drone and headache inducing CO in the 'cockpit'. We cut and welded up some 3" into 2 1/2" tailpipes which reduced the drone and eliminated the CO problem. May also avert unnecessary attention from the local constabulary.

4mm; Yeah, I really struggled finding valve/rocker covers that I liked. Windsors have heaps of aftermarket covers available but the poor old Cleveland is very limited. I always loved the plain stainless shot peened Yates/Blue Thunder racing covers and was able to get a pair off eBay. When I dyno'd the engine a few of the local Cleveland (and Windsor/Clevor) guys spotted my covers and salivated openly. You don't see these covers in Australia. The serpentine is an 8 rib from CVF in Minnesota and was a breeze to fit. I had to use a couple of spacers to tweak the belt geometry and alignment but overall an effortless install. I did use the March 9600 PS pump and 9665 alternator tho.

Booked in for my front suspension geometry tune and wheel alignment tomorrow. I think I have it pretty close. I ended up using the TCP coilovers with Castlemaine 2" drop spindles, replaced the upper and lower control arms, tierods, ball joints, idler arm (all with zerks!), 1 1/8 sway bar and all the bushes plus big brake disc to front from drum. I think I may need to up the coilover springs. Based on the original vehicle weight and the removal of cast iron components, I went with the TCP recommended 500lb spring but will probably change to the 550lb.

Cheers...

...Mickus

Thanks for the compliments guys, it really is a thrill to share and get positive feedback from guys that are as intimate with 7173 Mustangs as I am.

Greg; Hooker 6921-1 ceramic headers (which slipped effortlessly in) into 3" stainless X and, originally, dumps. The dumps sounded phenomenal but I was getting too much drone and headache inducing CO in the 'cockpit'. We cut and welded up some 3" into 2 1/2" tailpipes which reduced the drone and eliminated the CO problem. May also avert unnecessary attention from the local constabulary.

4mm; Yeah, I really struggled finding valve/rocker covers that I liked. Windsors have heaps of aftermarket covers available but the poor old Cleveland is very limited. I always loved the plain stainless shot peened Yates/Blue Thunder racing covers and was able to get a pair off eBay. When I dyno'd the engine a few of the local Cleveland (and Windsor/Clevor) guys spotted my covers and salivated openly. You don't see these covers in Australia. The serpentine is an 8 rib from CVF in Minnesota and was a breeze to fit. I had to use a couple of spacers to tweak the belt geometry and alignment but overall an effortless install. I did use the March 9600 PS pump and 9665 alternator tho.

Booked in for my front suspension geometry tune and wheel alignment tomorrow. I think I have it pretty close. I ended up using the TCP coilovers with Castlemaine 2" drop spindles, replaced the upper and lower control arms, tierods, ball joints, idler arm (all with zerks!), 1 1/8 sway bar and all the bushes plus big brake disc to front from drum. I think I may need to up the coilover springs. Based on the original vehicle weight and the removal of cast iron components, I went with the TCP recommended 500lb spring but will probably change to the 550lb.

Cheers...

...Mickus
Thanks for the feedback Mickus,

That is an interesting setup you went with there. She does sound good on the Vid. Pity you're in WA,(did i get that locality right?) and i'm over here on the East coast, as it would be great to hang out together with the Muzzies.:)

Good work and well done on your ride - now to enjoy!;)

Greg.:)

Greg, I'm surprised you didn't hear me today coming home from my suspension mechanic today!

Yes, I'm in Perth and you're in Brisbane (I think), we could meet in the middle and catch up at Uluru?

My problem now is that there are still so many little bits and pieces to complete but I have no motivation to complete them now I can hop in, start her up and wake up the neighbourhood!

...Mickus

Back