Canister??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Hey friends?? I was reading another thread where Danny was explaining how does the canister works and I decided to open this thread to try to get mine right...

Unfortunately i dont have pictures yet.. (tonight i can post some) but i didn´t quite get Dannys explanation in a couple of items...

My cannister has 3 entrances... to put it some other way, i have the center one that has the cup as it is nule and another 2 places to plug a hose... nothing else...

I assumed one of the hoses that needs to be pluged in the cannister was the one that comes off the booster, because it was curved to fit the cannister...

The other one i have no clue... I suppose it should be the one that comes off the air filter, but i´m just guessing...

My car doesnt have a return fuel line to the tank... if it does, i didn´t noticed it...

So... how must I connect the cannister to get setted as factory??

Well.. if anyone can help me, even without pics... i´m here.. all ears!!

Thanks!!

VENTS.jpg

if you do not have the vent with the blue cap on it then use that for the Air cleaner Base connection

Do you mean the charcoal canister (passanger side )? My charcoal canister is conected to the air filter and the fuel tank vent line.

What booster did you mean? The brake booster? The brake booster must be conected to the manifold or carb, that needs vacuum for working. I have a 351c , i dont know about a other canister in a six banger. I know some cars with air condition have a vacuum canister. Can you post some pics?

edit: 72Hcode was much faster as i. On the pic is the other canister that i mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the blue cannister as Danny shows us... the difference is that mine doesn´t have the "carburator fuel bowl vent".. Just te other 3 including the one with the blue cap...

I connected the brake booster in the fuel tank vent :p i told you.. i´m stupid! :p jeje

Tonight i´ll post some pics of that area and i will follow your lead guys!

I connected the brake booster in the fuel tank vent :p i told you.. i´m stupid! :p jeje
well you would of wondered why the brake pedal was so stiff.

:)

Here is a picture of mine on a 6 cylinder from several years ago (the engine compartment is a lot cleaner now, but more work to do).

2005_0405_215435AA.jpg

Back