Hello everyone !

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Q-code convertible
Hello everyone!

In my search for my dream car, I have discovered this very useful website/forum a couple of weeks ago and I have been looking at it almost every single day....so addicting !

I am from the Netherlands ( a small country famous for a lot of things, accept nice cars with big engines ;-) )

I just love the Ford Mustang from 1971-1973! It started many years ago ( probably after seeing James Bond again with that nice car chase! ) . I actually bought the original sale brochures from Ebay a couple of years ago as well. They have been laying in my cupboard until recently :) "Now it is the time" I thought a couple of weeks ago. After buying a house, getting married and having children it is finally time to get that 1970's dream car . I really like the Mach 1 or a convertible. My wife prefers a convertible for the summer so that is what I have been looking for the last couple of weeks!

I have found 2 cars . One is a 1972 351c H-code convertible and the other one is a 1973 351c Q-code. Both are solid cars/no rust but the 1973 car needs more work. I have received the Marti Reports of both cars this week. Both cars are still original. I will attach both Marti Reports. I think the restoration of the 1973 Q-code car will be around 5-10000 euro's more. Would this be a wise investment? considering it has more options on the car....

Any advise is very welcome :) !!!

Marti report 3F03Q209889.pdf

Marti report2F03H109106.pdf

Attachments

• Marti report 3F03Q209889.pdf
    163.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Marti report2F03H109106.pdf
    162 KB · Views: 20
Welcome from Oklahoma.

As to value to restore in Netherlands - maybe some of our European members can help for the cost to restore and own there.

Are both cars over there and available for sale or are they here in US and would need to be transported?

Best of luck. Post pictures of the cars if you can.

Ray

Welcome from North Carolina, U.S.A..

The fact that the 73 is a Q code and has the NASA hood and Hood Locks and black out with all those great options would be worth twice what the H code would be restored original. Price is a driver I am sure but you do not see may verts with that many options would be a great car.

If both cars were in California all their life that would be a plus. If the previous owner washed the car lots it probably has rust behind the rear window where the convertible top goes under the trunk. Also around the tail light panel where the tail lights connect. The other place were rust shows up from washing is in the cowl and doors. I would advise that you have someone inspect the car you choose before final purchase to verify condition and originality. There might be a member in the area that would help out.

If it is still in the U.S. you should work with them to get any restoration parts that you might need sent in same shipment.

There are unique parts to all three years so do not let someone tell you it fits 71 through 73 not always true. Front, fenders, bumpers rear tail light panels, interior parts, tilt column are just a few areas that are year specific. Many ads on eBay will say 71 -73 but they are not the same.

Welcome to the forum and glad you enjoy the 71-73 cars as much as we do. Ask questions there are no stupid questions about our cars we all learn something new each day.

Welcome from Phoenix Arizona. The company I work for is based in the Netherlands. It is called NXP.

Regarding the car choices it's hard to say without seeing them. But it sounds like your goal is to have a car that is fun to drive. A lot depends on how original you want to keep the car.

Mine isn't even close to original any more but I sure do like driving it. That's worth more to me than a possible pay off when I go to sell it. :)

Welkom uit Amsterdam :)

I think the Q codes are more desirable? Wether or not they are worth spending 5-10k on them depends on their current price and state I'd think.

Welcome from Illinois! I'm partial to convertibles, so I'd get that one for certain. But I wouldn't kick a Q-code out of my garage.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I went to take a second viewing at the 1973 Q-code convertible today. It's funny how you notice different things the second time you see a car. My general feeling is still very good about the car, so I will probably make a decision in the coming week(s).

I think the car looks very solid ( it has been repainted in the past ), but I am no expert so any remarks/advise is very welcome. I have added some photo's of the car I am looking at.

I could not discover any major corrosion issues today ( the fridge magnet was sticking everywhere . The car has been in the Netherlands for almost 15 years but the current owner didn't drive in the rain very often. He actually only drove 10k miles in the last 11 years. Because of problems with his health he has decided to sell his car. The engine has been overhauled 11 years ago but he hasn't spent any money on the interior or exterior since he has owned the car, so it looks a bit tired.

IMG_20161025_121943.jpg

IMG_20161025_122138.jpg

IMG_20161025_122239.jpg

IMG_20161025_122404.jpg

IMG_20161105_103138.jpg

IMG_20161105_103204.jpg

IMG_20161025_121526.jpg

IMG_20161025_122430.jpg

IMG_20161105_104441.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_20161105_104441.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 4
Hi,

did you check the german market? 30+ Big Ponys are on Mobile.de.

Ben

Howdy and welcome from Seattle. That Q code has a lot of nice options, and other things being equal will always be worth more. I like to think of my Mustang as more of a hobby than an investment. The return is the thrill of driving it. Good luck with the one you end up with, and glad you found the forum. Keep us posted.

Scott

Back