Hi all from Mobile, AL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrew2

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang convertible
Just recently purchased a 73 convertible. 351 -2 with small cam, edelbrock performer intake and carb, Mallory ignition. FMX and 9" w/2.75 gears. A/C, power windows, delux interior, rimblow. White with blue interior and top. I'm an old guy (66) and have been without an old car for about 10 yrs. This is not my first Mustang, I've owned a 66 Shelby GT350 and a 68 GT500 but this is my first of this generation and my first convertible. Bought this car because my wife thought the white/blue was pretty. I went over every panel on the car with a paint thickness gauge prior to purchase and probed everywhere I could reach underneath. The car is pretty solid except for some filler in the drivers side front fender and the front of the drivers door. Couldn't find any bad rust anywhere else which leads me to believe that someone had already done repairs and if so, they did a pretty good job. Rear of doors to quarter and bottoms to rockers is good. front of doors to fenders and hood could use some help. Car is just driver quality, which is exactly what I wanted. I believe in using these cars. Much to other folks dismay, I drove the 68 Shelby every day as a work car until I sold it 10 yrs ago.

First observations of this car: 1. Its Huge! Take some adjusting to get used to the low seating and long hood. 2. A little disapointed in how "cluttered" the engine compartment is. 3. It feels solid and firm at 85 on the interstate but sounds like everything on it loose if you hit a pothole at 35. I'm pretty much a DIYer except for finish paint. Immediate plans call for sub-frame connectors, AOD conversion, 3.73 gears, Swap factory vacuum controlled A/C to complete Classic Auto system. By the way, PO gave me a binder with over $23000 in receipts for work done on the car in the past few years, new interior, $7000 engine build, trans, etc. Excited to be a part of the community and get to work!

Welcome from Panama City, FL. I know Mobile well, aka UCLA (upper corner, lower Alabama).

Welcome from Oklahoma. This is a great site of many great members who enjoy these cars.

First get some pics posted and then feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Ray

Hello from Mississippi. Your going to enjoy your "Clydesdale" Mustang. I like to think of the 71-73 as the best of the first generation Mustang's. They were the recipient of all the engineering and product improvements over the years. Glad you liked what you saw and decided to stay. Welcome aboard!

Hello from Mississippi. Your going to enjoy your "Clydesdale" Mustang. I like to think of the 71-73 as the best of the first generation Mustang's. They were the recipient of all the engineering and product improvements over the years. Glad you liked what you saw and decided to stay. Welcome aboard!
Hotty Toddy!! Went to Ole Miss. originally from Corinth, MS. Only been in Mobile 11 years. Grandson is a freshman this year.

Back