Looking for member ozmach1 from toowoomba, Australia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 429
1972 Mustang Convertible 302
Does anyone from Australia happen to either know this guy or his 72 Mach 1. I'm trying to get a hold of the current owner if possible.

Doesn't look like he's been online for about 2.5 years and doesn't respond to emails.

Sorry Mark never met him or heard of him. It's quite possible that he's sold the car and doesn't come on the forum anymore. I was in Toowoomba a few years ago and was talking to a guy up there that said his mate had a Mustang like mine, but his was a Mach 1. Don't know if it was the same car or guy as there's not whole heap of 71-73's over here, but they are becoming more popular. Sorry I couldn't be of any help, but Toowoomba is a lovely place on top of the Great Dividing Range and just over an hour and a half drive from my place (but have done it in just under an hour, lol, not in the Mustang though)

Maybe ask Greg (Austin Vert) Possibly he has spoken with him previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jason,

Yeah Mark, I don't know anything about this guy or his car, but i have made a few phone calls to day on your behalf trying to track him down. As of now, i have one or two leads that i'm working with. If i get any solid positive info back to me, i will Email or PM you ASAP.

If you don't hear back from me within the next week, you will know that i can't be of any help to you.

Greg.:)

I really appreciate it. My parents live on Bribie Island so I wouldn't be that far away. I'd really like to look at this car in person as he's got one of few original Japanese Mustangs that isn't located in Japan.

Pictures of the car including license plate if that helps:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/ezgallery.php?action=myimages&u=1110

Appreciate the help guys!

Ah ha yes now I know that car, I'm thinking I may have met him here at my place as I'm pretty sure he's a paint rep that called in on his way through and was looking at one of my cars I was preparing to sell and he was telling me about this car after I showed him my vert in the shed. I caught up with him at Willowbank at a show and was speaking with him there and I saw this vehicle there, actually Greg I'm fairly sure (maybe, lol) that's the show where I first met up with you that day. I think it was parked with a nice looking 70 Torino cobra, if memory serves. The car was definitely on the market, so I'd say it's been sold. That's bloody quick detective work Greg, are you with ASIO, lol.

Bribe Island another fantastic spot (like most of Queensland) you're parents would love it up there Mark, we were just up there a few weeks ago. We took our grandson for his first major trip in the Mustang that day and he loved it and keeps asking to go for a ride in his car, lol.

Thanks for the quick response guys. I assumed the mustang community is pretty small up there and from the few mustang owners I have met up there during my visits many seem to be genuine enthusiasts.

Are there any Mustang shows up in Queensland? I'm probably going to be visiting in April 17 and always enjoy seeing wrong hand drive Mustangs! :)

Thanks for the quick response guys. I assumed the mustang community is pretty small up there and from the few mustang owners I have met up there during my visits many seem to be genuine enthusiasts.

Are there any Mustang shows up in Queensland? I'm probably going to be visiting in April 17 and always enjoy seeing wrong hand drive Mustangs! :)
Mark,

If you are coming to Brisbane next April say for example, you are more than welcome to catch up with myself or maybe Jason if you want to.

The '71'73 Mustang community is small and scattered around south east Queensland as i understand it, but there is plenty of activity with the official Australia wide Mustang club, which has a branch located in Brisbane. They mainly focus on '65 to ''70 Mustangs though.

You will see a small representation of 1,2, 3 Mustangs at any American car or Muscle car show around South East Queensland.

Cheers,

Hi Mark,

GOOD NEWS - I have managed to track down oz mach 1 (Paul) and contact him.

The story is that he has just sold on his Mustang to a guy down in Victoria, i believe, a couple of months ago. I have Paul's contact details, which i will pass onto you with a follow up PM. Paul tells me that if you contact him, he will pass onto you the contact details of the gent he sold it to.

This should allow you to catch up with the new owner and have a chat with him about his car.::thumb::

Cheers,

It's no longer regoed on that plate. I just checked sorry no help
Thought of doing this today, but looks like Luke beat me to it. Anyway Mark if you come over here then a meet up is definitely on the cards. As Greg said the 71-73 Mustangs are a very small group when compared to the 64-70's, but are definitely on the rise in popularity over here and are gaining a lot of respect, even with the one eyed Mustang club. As for Mustang shows the Mustang nationals were held on the Gold Coast this year, so would be interstate next year. There are usually a few decent car shows on around the place in April though, so there would be something worth checking out. Let us know your future plans and can let you know what's on and where.

Just saw your post Greg, great work. Are you sure you don't work for ASIO? As I said I'm pretty sure this is the same car and I spoke with him on two occasions. Again great work Greg (now you can go back to spying for the government, lol) and hopefully Mark can get the information he's after.

It's no longer regoed on that plate. I just checked sorry no help
Thought of doing this today, but looks like Luke beat me to it. Anyway Mark if you come over here then a meet up is definitely on the cards. As Greg said the 71-73 Mustangs are a very small group when compared to the 64-70's, but are definitely on the rise in popularity over here and are gaining a lot of respect, even with the one eyed Mustang club. As for Mustang shows the Mustang nationals were held on the Gold Coast this year, so would be interstate next year. There are usually a few decent car shows on around the place in April though, so there would be something worth checking out. Let us know your future plans and can let you know what's on and where.

Just saw your post Greg, great work. Are you sure you don't work for ASIO? As I said I'm pretty sure this is the same car and I spoke with him on two occasions. Again great work Greg (now you can go back to spying for the government, lol) and hopefully Mark can get the information he's after.
Hey Jason,

Thanks for that.;) I can assure you i'm not an undercover spy.:p

Actually, i got lucky with making some connections by back tracking through some old Forum threads that ozmach1 made when he was an active Forum member. I got lucky. A name was mentioned in one of those old posts of a guy living in Toowoomba who was associated with Paul (ozmach1). I picked up the trail from there and managed to track down Paul through various connections. It fell into place quite well, and i found Paul.

Cheers mate,

Back