Friendly Invitation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code Mach 1
Please take note this is meant in good humour (humor)!!

Depending on how the election goes tonight, you are all invited to Canada, but...

The Mustangs must come with you!!

:)

I've been South - I ain't ever going back. Canada it is! ::thumb::

lollerz

Isn't Australia a suburb of Canadia? I hear it's fairly warm there...

North it is! (Nothing against Australia, just never been there)

Whatever happens in the outcome may God bless our great nation.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest Randy,

Australia today has become a another State of America in many ways. Americans would feel very much at home here as we have adopted so much of your culture since World War 2.

Also, i am proud to say that in general terms,and across the board, we enjoy a better life style than people do in America and Canada.So i would love to visit America and Canada, but would not want to live there for varied reasons thanks.

Greg.

To be honest Randy,

Australia today has become a another State of America in many ways. Americans would feel very much at home here as we have adopted so much of your culture since World War 2.

Also, i am proud to say that in general terms,and across the board, we enjoy a better life style than people do in America and Canada.So i would love to visit America and Canada, but would not want to live there for varied reasons thanks.

Greg.
Exactly right Greg, especially if they went to Sydney, where the media seems to portray what Australia is. That place really is a s--t hole, worst 10 months of my life living there. If anyone asks me a good place to visit in Australia, I tell them basically everywhere but Sydney, unless of course your after the rude, arrogant, fast paced place, then Sydney's your place.

i gotta hit the lottery first then i'll go down under. but not sure how it feels hanging upside down like they do.. and they talk funny..but what a great country they have.

Oh and lets not forget, if u go there with your stang u gotta put fuel injection on it.. being upside down, don't gas run out of the carbs ???

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest Randy,

Greg.
I would certainly be interested to hear, in general terms of course... how you feel that your life style is better then here in North America... Interesting comment you made there...

Greg.
Except you still drive on the wrong side of the road :whistling:

I've always wanted to visit Australia, never had the opportunity.

Please take note this is meant in good humour (humor)!!

Depending on how the election goes tonight, you are all invited to Canada, but...

The Mustangs must come with you!!

:)
I appreciate the invitation and I may visit Canada again but, It will be for a different reason. I could get in trouble because I tend to speak my mind and can not guess what pronoun someone prefers. See C 16.

As they say the grass is always greener. But when you get to checking it might not be. I would love to live in South Africa, never hot never cold, no bugs, can hunt year round. BUT the government sucks there also. So corrupt or I would have already gone.

To put that in perspective a good friend there 4th. generation African went to Australia to look for a ranch there. In order to make the move Australia wanted several million USD deposited in accounts in Australia to be able to join in on the benefits there.

Right now the best jobs are in China, yes China. I worked there my last job and got double the pay I could in U.S. and all expenses paid and 4 flights home per year.

A friend that is in his 6th. year there will retire working in China. His current base salary is $160,000 USD plus bonus, company car, apartment paid for and he does not have college degree. His and my background is tool & die. He also bought part interest in a check fixture shop there that gives him six figures salary from that without walking in the door. He now has 5 homes or apartments and government will not let him buy more, lol. He is paid through a U.S. company and has Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance. That tells you the state of the U.S. when you can go to China and make much more than here. The biggest issue I had with China was the air quality or lack of. The people are very friendly.

So yes the grass always looks greener. I guess I will just store up some food and ammo and get ready for the worst, lol. Already have that. Well maybe there will be jobs building that wall to the south, lol.

To be honest Randy,

Greg.
I would certainly be interested to hear, in general terms of course... how you feel that your life style is better then here in North America... Interesting comment you made there...
I'm pretty sure Greg didn't mean anything derogatory with what he said, and based on 4VForever's comments, it sounds like life is probably a bit less hectic and complicated if you get away from the big tourist-trap of Sydney and a little deeper into the 'real' Australia.

To be honest Randy,

Greg.
I'm pretty sure Greg didn't mean anything derogatory with what he said, and based on 4VForever's comments, it sounds like life is probably a bit less hectic and complicated if you get away from the big tourist-trap of Sydney and a little deeper into the 'real' Australia.
The same is true of every country I've visited. While the large cities of every country present one aspect of a nation, the small towns present another. The picture is not complete without both. Given the choice, I'll take the small towns most of the time. Chuck

I'm Dutch and have lived in The Netherlands most of my life. I feel very European. I did get fed up at some point and moved to Australia and lived there for 2 years. May have still lived there if my relationship would've continued. But it didn't and I moved back to Amsterdam. Ever since I really understand that the grass is always greener on the other side. It is just SO true.

I kept hearing the old [military] adage while I was in the Air Force, "the worst assignment you'll ever have is the one you're at, and the best assignment you ever had is the one you just left." (a variation of the 'grass is greener' sentiment)

I think the "small town" sentiment Chuck speaks of is universal.

If your not one that is planning on leaving the country, may I offer an alternative trip. I believe there is still time to take a "Road" trip to Boss1Rays home. I believe he mentioned a good night for movies to celebrate the end to this "Thing" we've been experiencing for the past year. Lemans, Grand Prix, Gone in 60 Seconds, and Bullitt I believe were on the schedule. I vote for the original Gone in 60 Seconds and then Bullitt to start things off. Oh, and bring your own refreshments. :whistling:

Back