HRPT 2017

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.Gray

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande Coupe
(X)2008 Mustang Coupe
(X)2011 Mustang Premium Coupe
2017 Mustang Coupe
Well the inside skinny on Hot Rod Power Tour 2017 has it starting in Kansas City June 10th, two stops in Iowa, two stops in Illinois, one stop in Indiana and ending in Bowling Green Kentucky June 17th.

KC should be back at the Kansas Speedway. Just spit balling from a gearhead point of view one of the Illinois stops would probably be Chicagoland Speedway at Joliet and the Indiana stop at Indianapolis or possibly South Bend. Both are rich in auto history.

Official dates should come in mid December with Cities/Venues announced in early January

Last year was a great route for me being that it was 550 miles to the start and 600 miles home from the end. Hard to be anymore in the middle than that. I ended up Long Haulin' the 73 Grande 2,552 miles. While this route sounds much longer, doing the math its only 250 miles, 5 hours, 1 tank of gas and 1 quart of oil further than last year. Looks like we're going again....

WHO'S IN???

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be in. Post some additional info or PM as soon as you have it!!!
Official HRPT announcement coming at any time now...

Lucas Oil Raceway jumped the gun and released their schedule ahead of HRPT and it has the HRPT booked at the facility June 15th.

I've already booked a hotel for Kansas City and Indianapolis. Still awaiting the rest of the schedule.

We'll be Long Hauling again this year with the 73 and a Fish Mouth 'Chero.

Saw that last night! I am not able to do the entire trip this year but was thinking about picking up in Newton, IA and going through Champaign or Madison, IL. DO you know when they have the date listed next to the city it that the day/evening they arrive there and then depart the next morning or the morning they depart that city.

Saw that last night! I am not able to do the entire trip this year but was thinking about picking up in Newton, IA and going through Champaign or Madison, IL. DO you know when they have the date listed next to the city it that the day/evening they arrive there and then depart the next morning or the morning they depart that city.
10th through the 16th in the order listed. The date is for what cuty the stop is in. The vast majority stay the night in the event town, then travel the following morning via a suggested route to the next city. Officially the tour pulls out a 8:30 am and the next destination opens at 12:00 pm. There's no organized start, you can stay anywhere you want, leave anytime you want and take any route you want. The only real requirement is that Long Haulers have a time card and there's a time clock to punch at each destination to verify their attendance at each stop.

Ok. So Newton would open up at noon on June 11th. So I was going to start there and head out I would get a hotel room for June 11th in Newton. I think I got this correct.

Ok. So Newton would open up at noon on June 11th. So I was going to start there and head out I would get a hotel room for June 11th in Newton. I think I got this correct.
Yes

Just curious who is attending the HRPT this year? I will be at the Newton, IA, Davenport, IA and possibly Champaign, IL.

I will be with a friend of mine who is bringing his newer GT500

Still going on HRPT this year but have bumped the 73 down to plan B. A recent classic acquisition has factory air still all in place, I just gotta get it serviced.

Oh my gosh... y'all will be out hunting me with torches and pitchforks...

1975 AMC Hornet with only 58,000 miles.

IMG_2941.JPG

Back