Cobra huh?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does look like a model. If it is indeed one it's a very good one though. Notice the keys dangling from the glove box and the decals on the underside of the hood.

Could be the fact that the background is so out of focus that it gives the effect of a model car.

It looks like a model to me also although I do like the third brake light.

I had a cobra before the 71 Mach1 and always worried that people wouldnt be able to see my small back lights for braking or turns. I have never seen a cobra with a nice looking small but visible brake light like that.

A kit car for sure but always check them out. A real 427 cobra sold for $800 here in Highlands. Some people do not know anything about cars just want them gone.
$800.00? I would have gladly paid $1000.00.:p Tell me more about an $800.00 dollar Cobra, please. Chuck

A kit car for sure but always check them out. A real 427 cobra sold for $800 here in Highlands. Some people do not know anything about cars just want them gone.
$800.00? I would have gladly paid $1000.00.:p Tell me more about an $800.00 dollar Cobra, please. Chuck
I worked with Charlie Hawkins. His brother built FE series engines. he had this guy come to him and wanted him to rebuild a 427. When he got into it the situation it was a cobra. He had bought it for $800.00 in Chashiers North Carolina. He had brought it home and had it in his driveway and someone stopped and wanted to buy it. This was about 1974. He said he had just bought it but would sell it. The guy offered him $40,000 and that turned a light on. The seller did not know what it was and the buyer did not until he was offered big money. He built the engine for him but I do not know what happened to the car. There was a crashed 427 in a junk yard for years here until about 1976 then it got bought and went away. So many cars were here that got crushed or burned and sent to scrap.

The rearview mirror doesn't have a reflection which I can't really explain if it really is a mirror because there's plenty of reflections on the rest of the car. The keys hanging on the glove box is a good touch if it just a model though.

Mirror.JPG

Back