Another newbie from down under

OzCoupe72

Welcome from Denmark Northern Part of Europe [WINKING FACE] [THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars DK73 ??

Sendt fra min E2303 med Tapatalk

Thanks Lars and like your ride

I'm stuck with the poor mans Mustang garden variety Coupe!

P1030238.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome from Oklahoma. Post up some pics when you can.

We have quite a few Australian members. I'm sure one of them can help you gain more info on RHD conversion.

Ray

Cheers Ray

Not much to look at now but will attempt to post some pics next few weeks

Will hunt these fellow Aussies down and pick their brains

P1030238.jpg

welcome from Shanghai! You'll find a wealth of knowledge here and the search function will become your friend as you restore your 72!

Thanks Mark

Was in Shanghai a couple of years ago with my Chinese wife but didn't see any Mustangs over there, must be a rare sight to see any old muscle cars in China?

P1030238.jpg

Welcome from Brisbane, Australia.

Greg.:)

G'day Greg, thanks for the welcome

Will be looking for any help with RHD conversion particularly components used and methods, mine has been butchered so will be looking for ideas to get it right

P1030238.jpg

Hey Mike,

Welcome from the most isolated city in the world! Anything I can help you with, let me know.

Cheers...

...Mickus

Thanks Mickus from Perth?

Being so isolated the parts sellers think they can charge an arm/leg for parts/shipping so how come I can get it myself 7-10 days from USA for much less?Someone is trying to pull our pants down I reckon. I am looking for help with RHD conversion problems and seem to be missing some brackets for mounting pedal box/steering column so if you have any experience with RHD conversion would appreciate it. Cheers Mick from Australind

P1030238.jpg

Welcome from the Netherlands!

Nice you found a Coupe! Here in Europe I think it is the rarest model! Most of them are sportroofs/Mach 1's or convertibles .

Thanks and hopefully can make this coupe stand out in a year or four

Welcome from the Netherlands!

Nice you found a Coupe! Here in Europe I think it is the rarest model! Most of them are sportroofs/Mach 1's or convertibles .

P1030238.jpg

Hey Mike,

Welcome from the most isolated city in the world! Anything I can help you with, let me know.

Cheers...

...Mickus

Thanks Mickus from Perth?

Being so isolated the parts sellers think they can charge an arm/leg for parts/shipping so how come I can get it myself 7-10 days from USA for much less?Someone is trying to pull our pants down I reckon. I am looking for help with RHD conversion problems and seem to be missing some brackets for mounting pedal box/steering column so if you have any experience with RHD conversion would appreciate it. Cheers Mick from Australind

I've picked up a few things locally/nationally that I've been able to pull a deal on but most of my purchases have come from the regular suppliers in the US. I was careful to make sure my purchases, before fr8, were under AU$1000 so I didn't get slugged with duty and gst but some of the larger and pricier items I just had to bite the bullet. One of the main suppliers in the US calculate fr8 automatically at time of order where most give an estimate and charge when picked. I found that the one that calculates when you order could be manipulated by breaking up the order which reduced total fr8 cost. I also have a coupon code for an extra 5%, pm me and I'll share it with you.

Can't help you with RHD as mine came LHD and has happily stayed LHD but unless you've done so try Ken Quinn 0419 998 454. If he can't help he may be able to point you in the right direction. You may need to get the brackets you need fabricated locally.

Cheers...

...Mickus from Swan Valley

• 1 month later...

Welcome from coastal Alabama. Be sure to drop a pin on the Member Map (under the Fun Stuff tab at the top of the page).

Thanks Don, I will check it out

I also hope to add photos of my resto project when I have time

Regards Mick

P1030238.jpg