Viper Switch wiring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Hi

I changed the wiring to an EZ wiring harness. Now its time to connect the viper, but Im not sure which wire goes were.

4 wires going out to the viper motor, Im guessing one is low, High, return to startposition and Power ?

1 one wire is going out to the washer motor

2 wires in from Power ACC, and something else.

Im only have one wire in to the switch from the EZ wiring harness.

But how should it be connected. I have the workshop manual but I cannot figure it out. The switch is brand new. Help is much appreciated

Regards Rob

viper.jpg

VIPER2.jpg

Go to the Data tab at the top of this page and download the wiring diagram for your car. Use the wire color codes to determine on how to connect the new harness. There are separate sheets just for the wiper switch wiring.

Hi

I have the schematics but the colors on the motor doesnt seems to ad up right. Il have a closer look at it tomorrow

Regards Rob

So

I hooked Everything as the wiring diagram shows. The vipers work in slow and high speed, but they do not go back to park position. So I measured the park wire and there is no Power comming from it. I switched between main in and park wire , and the vipers go to park. But when in park the battery charger I use for Power starts to make strange click noise. I Always use a 3 amp battery charger for testing stuff Before I hook up the battery. The switch is new out of the box. I didnt ground the switch but It should work anyway. Any clues ?

Regards Rob

I opened up the motor, and cleaned Everything. Put it back together and now it works :)

Back