Shorty headers for my 429

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1. 1973 Mach 1 with an original 71 429 CJ engine
C6 tranny

2. 1973 Mach 1 with original 351 Q-Code
C6 tranny
I have read a few of the "shorty" posts and would like to see what is actually available. Could anyone refer a particular brand and any other details. The current Hedmann headers I have are mashed on the bottom due to the previous owner sticking a big block in an engine compartment that had an original Q-Code---never changed or replaced any of the original suspension, springs or shocks...tragic, but some people forget about details.

I am open to suggestions....and the engine is not a CJ---looks to have come out of a 70 or 71 TBird

Anthony

I'm looking to get some from FPA very soon:

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/FPAindex/headers2.htm

I might get the CJ size ports in case I upgrade from my 4v passenger car heads in the future. Someone on the 460 forum checked and the CJ flanges will seal on the 4v head.

I have FPA headers on mine.Only way to go in my opinion,unless you like smashed headers.They are very well built and fit good.

I finally rang Stan at FPA last night & placed my order. CJ flanges with resto dark gray ice coating. About $930 shipped to Florida. Considering the plummet in value of the £ on announcement that we will eventually leave the EU, these are going to cost me plenty! I have to pay for them to be shipped to UK then pay tax & import duty. I figured they are a once in a lifetime header so what the heck.

Back