Heater Box Restore - Adhesive Recommendation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Sportsroof. Currently a work in progress!!!
To restore the padding on the vent door inside the heater box, I need to adhere the new pads.

Any recommendations on the adhesive to use?

Thanks.

Tim

Almost any adhesive that will not dissolve the foam should work, use sparingly. I used thin double sided foam tape, no mess. Chuck

I used some contact adhesive from a spray can when I did mine.

I've used 3M Contact Adhesive spray for these things before as well (package tray carpet, sail panels, headliner, etc.). Spray some onto both facing surfaces, let both get tacky, the stick 'em together. No muss, no fuss.

The stuff can go everywhere, though - mask off anything you don't want sticky. ;)

I've used 3M Contact Adhesive spray for these things before as well (package tray carpet, sail panels, headliner, etc.). Spray some onto both facing surfaces, let both get tacky, the stick 'em together. No muss, no fuss.

The stuff can go everywhere, though - mask off anything you don't want sticky. ;)
The kit I got from National Parts had all of the pieces that just peeled and stuck in place.

::thumb::

Latest posts

Back