Custom grille 73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Hi

Im thinking of removing the standing turn signals, and remove the center honeycomb plastic net. I will put an aluminium black honeycomb net instead and fit two rond turn/parkinglights instead. Has anyone tried this ?

Regards Rob

I Think the parking lights should be like 5 or 6 inch, Ive seen it but not on a mach 1.

Have you made any modifications to fit the 73 grille on the 72 ?

Im gonna order the net this week, Il be back with the progress.

I found this on blocket.se (swedish kind of craigslist). Not my cup of tea but maybe it will give you some ideas. ;)

2lj021k.jpg

1tvpqx.jpg

Hi

Im thinking of removing the standing turn signals, and remove the center honeycomb plastic net. I will put an aluminium black honeycomb net instead and fit two rond turn/parkinglights instead. Has anyone tried this ?

Regards Rob
I think it's been done. ;)

26a0c7ad9bd8a3f7b4eefb02396c66e7.jpg

Don't get me wrong - I love Javelins... I almost bought one back in the late-'80s. Squint real hard, though, and our cars look like Javelins (which actually did come first, BTW ;) )

I'd be interested to see what you come up with just the same, though. ::thumb::

Thanks guys, I have an idea of what to do. But finding front blinkers that are D.O.T requirement, for sweden isent easy. The blinkers should be mounted externally. Ive decided that Im going with two smaller 6 or 5 inch round parking lights where the blinkers are located today. Im gonna put the new blinkers under the bumper instead. I Think that will look good.

I also Think about blacking out the chrome on the grille to give it more deept.

Upgrades will follow now Im actually waiting for a gauge so I can complete the assembly of the center dash console. Im waiting for vacuum gauge, it will go in beside the lamdba in the 2 empty holes .

gauges.jpg

Regards Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Upgrades will follow now Im actually waiting for a gauge so I can complete the assembly of the center dash console. Im waiting for vacuum gauge, it will go in beside the lamdba in the 2 empty holes .

Regards Rob
Looks awesome! What kind of gauges are those? I like the polished rings and uniformity - the other two gauges will look great mounted up. What are you doing for a stereo, though?

Regards Rob
Looks awesome! What kind of gauges are those? I like the polished rings and uniformity - the other two gauges will look great mounted up. What are you doing for a stereo, though?

Does are Speedhut gauges, I also have them in the main cluster.

About the stereo I dont really know yet. I have a retro stereo but I dont now if Im gonna use it.

Regards Rob

I think I saw where Retrosound or Custom Autosound has a 'hidden' stereo system (called "Secret Audio," or something like that), that allows MP3, USB, BT, iPod, CD changer, satellite, and AM/FM, using a small remote control/display. They came up with it initially for the purists who wanted to keep their old Philco radios (working or not) in the dashboard, yet wanted to have modern tunes as well.

Correct the one I have has a remote Control, im thinking of hiding it somewhere. Will see :)

Hi

Anyone who has the measurements of this grille ?

0509v6upperoemstylegrille.jpg

should fit 05-09 v6

Maybe there is a why to make it fit in the 73 ?

Today I started to Modify the grille

First cutting out the old plastic in the center , some sanding to smooth out the old parts.

Then fitting the new honeycomb plastic, used glue , heat gun and screws.

Il Think it will turn out nice, still some painting.

I Think I will leave out the crome and just fill the holes, or sand them down.

grille1.jpg

grille2.jpg

grille3.jpg

grille4.jpg

Back