Custom grille 73

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was doing some research....early Opel Kadett C used the same lens. Not sure on the housings or brackets. For the Kadett the housing attaches directly to the body, I am not certain on the Manta A, but I suspect the Mustang bracket could be modified.

They are not dual filament. The Manta had a side marker, so the under bumper units are turn signals. I have swapped out sockets before to convert single filament to dual. It required a universal replacement socket. Not sure how that would fly with 'The Authorities' in Sweden.

Was doing some research....early Opel Kadett C used the same lens. Not sure on the housings or brackets. For the Kadett the housing attaches directly to the body, I am not certain on the Manta A, but I suspect the Mustang bracket could be modified.

They are not dual filament. The Manta had a side marker, so the under bumper units are turn signals. I have swapped out sockets before to convert single filament to dual. It required a universal replacement socket. Not sure how that would fly with 'The Authorities' in Sweden.

Thanks Il check that out.

For knowing your limit you have to pass it ::thumb::

Hi

Its very simpel made. I cut away the old honeycomb, and sanded down Everything.

Then I used some plastic Cable sheets, without the lid. So its bassicly like an U profile. I fastend that with pop rivets and then screw the new honeycombplastic in the U profile. For the ends I just used a heat gun and bent it. I made an new Peace of sheet metal to fit where the pony is, and some spacers in plastic. Everything then got painted black. It didnt cost much at all :-)

PS

Earlier I wrote that I used glue, I did but it was not strong enough. So I used rivets and screws instead.

grille1.thumb.jpg.6da44fb685b5792673f51b3ebbfddf93.jpg

grille2.thumb.jpg.a7a29fa933510433ae5dfb630cfd0a5a.jpg

grille3.thumb.jpg.206054c964f58ca801a563066f829589.jpg

Regards Rob

• 2 months later...

Hello :-)

I bought some turn signals for a Golf, but it has no case/cover. I tried to figure out how to put them in nicely.  Finally I came up with this.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Very basic just cut away som material to make it narrower.

Of course there will be sanding, painting etc but this is the best that I could come upp with that I Think match the car.

Regards Rob

• 1 month later...

Hi

After changing my mind back and forth I finally Went for the blinkers from a Mini. I used a holder for a 52 mm gauge. I Think it turned out ok. I probably make the side markers blink to.

blinker.jpg

Regards Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I have an idea of what to do. But finding front blinkers that are D.O.T requirement, for sweden isent easy. The blinkers should be mounted externally. Ive decided that Im going with two smaller 6 or 5 inch round parking lights where the blinkers are located today. Im gonna put the new blinkers under the bumper instead. I Think that will look good.

I also Think about blacking out the chrome on the grille to give it more deept.

Upgrades will follow now Im actually waiting for a gauge so I can complete the assembly of the center dash console. Im waiting for vacuum gauge, it will go in beside the lamdba in the 2 empty holes .

Regards Rob

what size are those small gauges?